Wrong Voice

June

Since Atlassian seems not accessable for me, I need to post some bugs here, one of which seems really important: 

When playing as a female in Sandbox Mode, Astrid uses the male voice sample when throwing stones. That´s not acceptable! ;P Can not confirm this for Story Mode yet.

2nd: I found 2 "survivor´s notes" so far in ML(Sandbox): all 2 read "n/a". Is this a localisation bug (playing in German) or will text be added later?

and 3rdly, some floating trees:

20170803174207_1.jpg

On 06/08/2017 at 5:17 AM, Samsonguy920 said:

Story mode's release is a major milestone, but there is still a long road to go.

Indeed.. TLD is kinda weird that it went directly from alpha, to full release. There was never a proper beta testing period, and that, in my opinion, is why Hinterland have already been forced to release 4 patches in 5 days since release.

So, as far as I'm concerned, what we have now, Wintermute, is actually the TLD Beta, and not a proper, ready-to-release game.

13 hours ago, JAFO said:

Indeed.. TLD is kinda weird that it went directly from alpha, to full release. There was never a proper beta testing period, and that, in my opinion, is why Hinterland have already been forced to release 4 patches in 5 days since release.

So, as far as I'm concerned, what we have now, Wintermute, is actually the TLD Beta, and not a proper, ready-to-release game.

It can be said that the concepts of Alpha and Beta went out the window with the introduction of Early Access(heck, I haven't heard about a game going Gold in a long time. A long time).  Early Access has its pros and its cons.

The main pro being the wider interaction between the players and the developers, allowing for more content that the players will enjoy.

The main con is Early Access makes the pit of feature creep so much easier to fall into.  The developers get flooded with so many more ideas that they want to try to incorporate so much more than they would if they left it closed/limited access, and the finished product ends up getting lost in the fog.

However, thus far The Long Dark has been progressing quite well. Hinterland set themselves a firm roadmap and have been following it quite well.  Introduction of Story Mode created some hiccups, but that is normal for updates.  But, if Hinterland is serious about making the game a full release product at this time, then it is time to stop treating it as Early Access.  Full release means a wider audience, and that can lead to a serious overload in input to where nothing constructive gets past the static of inexperienced advice, complaints, and troll-feed.  A good example is what Squad, the developers of Kerbal Space Program, are doing. They have both a QA group and Experimental version that is constituted of veteran players and some developers who do testing on updates before they are released for the main game.  I think it might behoove Hinterland to follow this example, especially with more Story episodes to come and overall features I am sure they still want to incorporate.

4 hours ago, Samsonguy920 said:

It can be said that the concepts of Alpha and Beta went out the window with the introduction of Early Access

I'd disagree.. I can think of several Early Access games that came out of alpha long before their official release. They also had vastly better playtesting done, prior to release. The example you provided of KSP being a case in point. A smaller dev studio than Hinterland, with much less experience than Hinterland, and a far more complex and bigger project than Hinterland's, but they did a considerably better job of handling the entire process.

I'm still working my way through story mode but the sheer amount of grammatical and spelling errors is astonishing.  Also, I keep having the wrong item display, like socks at 100% looking like they are on their last legs.  There are so many little things wrong that I don't even know where to start with a bug report.  The fact that they skipped beta really explains a lot.

2 hours ago, fearofspam said:

Also, I keep having the wrong item display, like socks at 100% looking like they are on their last legs.

Likewise.. in the second pic, note how the thumbnail image shows worn socks, while the regular sized pic does not.

screen_(4, 2, 1)_ebb04b24-e3f7-4056-906e-b2902f3dfb0f.png

screen_(4, 2, 1)_f7d974ac-730d-419f-bb33-20589a54de27.png

Archived