Grey Mother - Resting

jeff_meier

So I've collected the firewood and food and it says Grey Mother needs to rest. I've wandered around town, slept for a few hours, and she still won't talk to me again.

I've run out of food and will soon be out of drink.  How long do I have to wait to progress?

After I got this message I continued looting the town, repaired clothes and slept till the next day.
Then I went back to her and the story continued. So maybe it has to be the next day, don´t exactly know, but you could try to sleep some more...

@Mikeyd0577 you should get a cutscene the first time you enter Grey Mother's house. A few people (myself included) had an error where the cutscene never triggered, meaning you can't interact with her or push forward with the story. The only fix I know of so far is starting Wintermute over again :(

I think it's a next day thing. So if you saw her early in the day, even if you slept a few hours it might not trigger. If it doesn't trigger after a good night's rest, then it sounds like a bug. I can't fully remember, but I think you have to click on her to talk to her again as well, it's not simply walking into the house.

Could be wrong though.

20 hours ago, kayochin said:

@Mikeyd0577 you should get a cutscene the first time you enter Grey Mother's house. A few people (myself included) had an error where the cutscene never triggered, meaning you can't interact with her or push forward with the story. The only fix I know of so far is starting Wintermute over again :(

Darn... that is what happened to me. :(  I opened the firewood box before I walked it, I wonder if that had anything to do with it...

I was wondering what the heck was going on.

I know I entered the town a from the farmhouse side and not the bridge.  When I started a new game I was able to get the cut scene and the character saying yelling out "Hello!!" and commenting on the smoke coming from the house when I entered from the bridge side on the road.

Archived