Wintermute trailer content :)

Crimson Foxx

Hey Hinterfolkies :)

I was once again watching the exciting Wintermute trailer and now my mind is racing and i am full of questions.

Watching it slowly i notice it teases with a TON more content in various locations. The Dam looks like it has a lot more detail outside. Interior of homes/huts seems like there is a lot more general detail. One clip shows a lot of detail added inside the store and also even more detailed variations of abandoned vehicles.

Now these are a lot of locations we are already familiar with in the sandbox. 

So my biggest question is do you think or can Hinterland confirm that the sandbox might or will get updated in time to reflect that same detail into it? Will that detail be pasted over into the sandbox world?

I fully understand a lot of emphasis will go into the story-mode for content and rightly so. Thats their main focus and original goal for TLD. But i would so love to see those props, objects and detail in sandbox in time. 

Mind you i guess the story-mode will be kind of a sandbox open world anyway with its mains story but ability to still explore and survive much like we do on the sandbox?

Anyone have an thoughts on the trailer content and my thoughts? :)

Just one thing. Some of us have speculated on that store and some of us don't think it's the Pleasant Valley store but rather a new store somewhere else that we haven't seen yet, maybe in Milton? In the Wintermute trailer we see that the store has oars hanging on the wall and since the Rural Store is only on a river, I tend to think that this 'boating equipment store' might be nearer the ocean. Maybe not though :D it's anyone's guess.

So maybe a whole new map section? :) 

Its amazing how a trailer can trully tease! hehe. I watch and it and i am like OMG hurry up August!

The Trailer also for me gives hope and faith in the future of this game being expanded and improved even after this first story episode and way beyond. I am not sure how long a life a game has for developing and i fully understand that its healthy for a gaming design team like Hinterland to one day start a whole new project and game. But i definately think TLD has a very long life ahead. Just seeing the possible detail and content in that trailer helps me envision more. Imagine canoes! :D

I'm very excited for the release of TLD on Playstation 4. I've played the game on my old XB1, but I sold that console. So here I am, waiting until August 1st, 2017 to see all the new cool stuff. It's gonna be worth the wait. If anyone wants to add me as a friend on Playstation, go right ahead. I'm friendly!!! :P

PSN = FrostedRevenant

6 hours ago, Crimson Foxx said:

So maybe a whole new map section

We are getting for sure at least one and maybe two new regions for Wintermute. They also said that those new regions might 'possibly' be brought to sandbox in the future, after Wintermute launches. But they won't commit to that being something that will happen. Wintermute definitely has a new region or two anyway.

well I always thought sandbox is where the devs do stuff first? so in theory any new updates we should also get (eventually /after story mode game).

I guess they can't reveal everything before the story mode game because it would spoil the fun.

5 hours ago, Crimson Foxx said:

heya Frosted :) Your gonna love TLD on the PS4. I dont have one but i have seen the PS4 in action and i really think TLD is an ideal game for the PS4. I am also excited for august. Its gonna be an exciting time for TLD for sure. :)

I have the PS4 Pro and I want to see TLD running in boost mode. My experience with an XB1 running TLD was flawed with drops in frames per second. Of course, we were still in the Xbox Games Preview so I expect that it will be optimized for the full release. I'm sure XB1 players will have an equally exceptional experience come August 1st, 2017.

Thanks for the warm welcome @cekivi. I'm looking forward to being a member of TLD's community.

Maybe I should give some background info about myself since I'm new here.

I'm from Kentucky but I live just north across the Mason Dixon line here in Indiana. I enjoy video games, comic books, the mountains, good bourbon, fine tobacco, wildlife, beef jerky, hiking, and motorcycles.

I've been a huge Captain America fanatic since I was a young boy. I'm now almost thirty years old.

I have a wolf tattooed on my left forearm and the word Cherokee with an arrow head beneath it tattooed on my right forearm.

More or less, I'm a southern gentleman.

Archived