Pile up items

Rada_

I know it sounds silly and maybe it is, but piling up certain items like books, magazines, firewood, cans, etc would be great

20170525191709_1.thumb.jpg.f1c2dfed8e7f24d4aeb4ed89f43db148.jpg

I would love to place that magnifying glass on top of the book.

Yeah, this idea comes up from time to time and I'd REALLY love to have this since it would be so useful, but for some reason the team seems to be against it.

There's a mod called "UMod TLD" that enables this, but it's actually more of a "cheat engine" and even this stacking thing is just a "place anything anywhere in any orientation" cheat so I guess the main reason might be that it would be hard to figure out what can be stacked on what.
Like a can on the edge of a book is okay, but what if that book is already on the edge of a can atop the barrel of a rifle? There's also a "physics enabled items" option in UMod(or another one), but that also seems to be a big nono for some reason. Guess we'll have to see what we can do IF modding support gets added.

1 hour ago, stapeliad said:

I personally don't like to have piles of stuff around...too cluttered looking! I store things in drawers and cabinets, nice and neat, except the books which I like to leave in a little library space. :) 

I would pay Hinterland real DLC money for the ability to place books upright, spine facing the player, so that I can have a proper library in my hideout.  :D

Archived