Mittens make it so you can't use weapons.

Docterrok

6 hours ago, Mpat120 said:

There are such things as trigger mittens, also a simple small slit so the index finger can be poked through will fix that problem for you.

Hehe, people think it's silly but when I get a new pair of gloves the first thing I do is make a little cut into the index finger of the right hand so that I can keep most of my hand warm while using my phone. So even if the survivor had to make little alterations... They're easy enough to make and when done properly still provide plenty of warmth.

1 hour ago, Ape88 said:

Hehe, people think it's silly but when I get a new pair of gloves the first thing I do is make a little cut into the index finger of the right hand so that I can keep most of my hand warm while using my phone. So even if the survivor had to make little alterations... They're easy enough to make and when done properly still provide plenty of warmth.

Buy conductive thread. Its sewing thread that conducts electricity. I stitch a small square on the tips of the fingers of all my gloves so that they work with all touch screens. That or buy gloves that come with it in the cloth already

11 hours ago, Docterrok said:

I want mittens to have a pro and a con, I believe they should provide a little more warmth, however, to get a hefty slap of reality, you cannot use a rifle (the trigger) or a bow (the notch in the arrow) thoughts?

What about using matches, repairing clothes with a sewing kit or harvesting animals with your hands?

15 hours ago, Mikhail_Reign said:

Buy conductive thread. Its sewing thread that conducts electricity. I stitch a small square on the tips of the fingers of all my gloves so that they work with all touch screens. That or buy gloves that come with it in the cloth already

Huh, might try that the next time I find a pair of gloves I really really like and don't want to maim. Still though, the point is, there are ways we could think of that the survivor might do to make it so they can use mittens or other hand items when dealing with tools.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived