Want to fill nervous about walking on ice.

Riverotter

First off i want to say this game is awsome and that it is making huge improvements  in this genre.  

I would really like to see and hear ice cracking with the threat of falling threw. I have seen on Youtube where is says thin ice; however, I have never came upon it myself. I like the idea of it happening near shores, but especially in the darker blue areas of the ice threw out all of the ice, so that normally you will try to walk only on the thicker ice which i would say baby blue and white ice, but if you wounder aimlessly or are in a hurry, or in bad visibility, their is a 50% chances of ice cracking and 25% on you falling threw.

Thanks 

12 minutes ago, Riverotter said:

First off i want to say this game is awsome and that it is making huge improvements  in this genre.  

I would really like to see and hear ice cracking with the threat of falling threw. I have seen on Youtube where is says thin ice; however, I have never came upon it myself. I like the idea of it happening near shores, but especially in the darker blue areas of the ice threw out all of the ice, so that normally you will try to walk only on the thicker ice which i would say baby blue and white ice, but if you wounder aimlessly or are in a hurry, or in bad visibility, their is a 50% chances of ice cracking and 25% on you falling threw.

Thanks 

Hey Riverotter, welcome! You should wander over to Coastal Highway or Desolation Point! ;)

It would be an interesting challenge to see weaker ice in other areas that are currently "stable" and safe, (ponds, rivers, lakes) but that would be a significant departure from how it's been so far. Is that what you are looking for? :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2016 at 10:14 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

Hey Riverotter, welcome! You should wander over to Coastal Highway or Desolation Point! ;)

It would be an interesting challenge to see weaker ice in other areas that are currently "stable" and safe, (ponds, rivers, lakes) but that would be a significant departure from how it's been so far. Is that what you are looking for? :)

Does it actually happen? I feel so lucky!

On 12/7/2016 at 9:58 PM, Riverotter said:

Thanks 

I want to add to your idea the thought of increasing that chance when attacked by a wolf, tumbling down from bad ankle, or carrying too much weight.

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:14 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

It would be really great, with weak ice on center of lakes etc...

Of course, if you could implement a system which contains the character's weight.

On 12/18/2016 at 2:48 AM, Vinceofpyrenees said:

It would be really great, with weak ice on center of lakes etc...

Of course, if you could implement a system which contains the character's weight.

Thats a great novel idea, So if up trek across the ice loaded to the gills then you will be fighting with weak ice; however, if you choose to pack light really light you should be ok 90% of the time. Is that kind of what you were thinking?

On 12/7/2016 at 3:14 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

Oh i did take a trek over to Coastal Highway and Desolation Point I fell through the ice needless to say lol. Thanks for the directions to weak ice.

And yes I would be very interested in seeing this more whether during warmer season,or just throught out randomly on ponds, rivers, and lakes. 

On 12/7/2016 at 10:14 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

Personally, I'd welcome such a change. If random bits of Mystery Lake or Pensive Pond or the other ones had a chance of weak ice, I think it'd improve the game.

1 hour ago, Lovehandel said:

I understand week ice on CH and DP but after a couple of weeks at the temperatures shown in game, I could drive a truck across the new area or mystery lake. But it makes for fun game play so I am ok with it.

I know that ice would we tike three feet thick. except cracks and inlets and outlets and rivers. and possible hot spot from geothermal pools;however, weak ice makes the frozen ice covered plain a blast. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived