Sprint Heat

RCCross

Yeah, true, I didn't think about that, but it's true that body heats up when sprinting.

I'm not sure about that but I think you don't start sweating as soon as you start running. Wouldn't the sweat start in the middle of the stamina drain? Or at the end?

I know that a regular runner - it don't need to be a pro, I mean a skater, soccer player, basketball player - wouldn't start sweating at the end of that stamina bar.

I'm not used to run in the snow, I've never seen snow in my life. But I know that sweating starts fast in regions with a lot of humidity. 

Not to mention the weight of the backpack, more weight more sweat.

These are all points to consider when thinking about the "sweat" factor.

It's a lot of headache IMO, but sure is a feature for "realism".

*EDIT: it just feels weird that when you're freezing and running for shelter your body continues to lose heat...

Been thinking about it for a while, never kinda posted tho. Current mechanic that adds some weird practically non-exiting bonus is rudimentary as best.

And why do everyone yelling about sweating completely forget that body sweats constantly and profound sweating is not that easy to achieve if person is fit and follows most basic guidelines to prevent that, especially in tLD conditions. Just opening up own coat for a few minutes(i do it all the time when im overheating) to went out excessive heat and youre golden.

Considering that player can parade around with his bare ass and no shoes for an hour and have no consequences, then sweating wouldnt be a factor at all, in comparison.

5 hours ago, Dirmagnos said:

Considering that player can parade around with his bare ass and no shoes for an hour and have no consequences, then sweating wouldnt be a factor at all, in comparison.

Yeah, I get arrested every time I do that.

Toward the topic at hand: Doesn't that happen already? Correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: I mean gaining temperature, not indecent exposure.

Sweating is something that varies greatly from person to person, and not just because of their DNA and physical shape. A person's psychology plays a big role as well and people who experience higher levels of anxiety (like myself) will sweat easier than most. This is why one of the most important rules of Winter survival is to remain calm.

One of my least favourite parts of Winter is when I need to run to catch a bus, and by the time I enter the heated interior of the bus I am already sweating and stripping off all my layers in front of all the incredulous passengers who are huddled in their seats. I can be cold and sweaty at the same time because my body is pumping blood to keep my hands and feet warm but my torso is well insulated so my armpits start sweating very quickly. It's a weird balancing act and one that can be simplified for the sake of gameplay.

I think sprinting should provide an initial boost to heat but should make you colder over the long term due to sweating and excessive blood flow. If you are sprinting constantly after you have broken a sweat then your shirt should get noticeably damp as well. (I've been playing this game for two years now and my clothes have never been wet) However I still find the walking pace in this game to be a bit tedious so I agree that a "jogging" pace would make these additions far more balanced. 

One thing that should definitely definitely make you sweat is getting into a fight with a wolf or bear, because mortal combat is the most exhausting thing a person can engage in from both a physical and psychological perspective. The initial effects of this should be counterbalanced by the adrenaline and quickened pulse, which should hopefully give you enough time to get bandaged and find shelter. 

tl;dr Sweating would make the game more realistic but without the addition of jogging it would make the game more tedious. 

3 hours ago, Pharose said:

I think sprinting should provide an initial boost to heat but should make you colder over the long term due to sweating and excessive blood flow. If you are sprinting constantly after you have broken a sweat then your shirt should get noticeably damp as well.

I presume this would demand a need to dry clothes on fire.

2 hours ago, RCCross said:

I presume this would demand a need to dry clothes on fire.

Just standing by a fire should be good enough, but if are willing to wait a bit longer you should also be able to dry your clothes the same way that you would cure leather: by leaving it indoors for a day or so. 

Sprinting should be progressive, adding .5 degrees every second for duration of running, up to certain maximum based on both base bonus from clothes(better clothes mean better heat/air circulation, allowing for higher bonus and possible overheating) and outside temperature(lower outside temperature means that player loses body heat faster and at certain point wont be heating up any longer). And once player stops bonus rapidly dissipates instead of just vanishing.

Archived