Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Dragon

1)

If it doesn't already exist (and I somehow haven't earned it)...

If you check 95% of all the clickable radios, you earn a badge.

Titles Suggestions: "Due Diligence", "Never Surrender", "The Song Remains The Same", "Radio Active", "Dead Air", "Radio Silence", "Elvis Has Left The Building", ???

2)

If you search 95% of all corpses...

Titles Suggestions: "Tango Uniform", "Mortician", "Grave Robber", ???

Perhaps killing 1,000 in-game animals could earn you the badge, "PETA's Greatest Enemy". Or maybe writing 10,000 words in journal entries could earn you the badge, "Literary Genius", or "Sample Text".

With regards to the pointless task, perhaps you could try to activate every car in the game.

More weird badge ideas (if they don't already exist):

1. Play through 100 days without once setting foot indoors (Climber's lodge in TM still counts).

Name suggestions: "Fred Flintstone", "Moss Hopper", "Bushcrafty", or "Primitive".

2. Survive a night outdoors whilst naked.

Name suggestions: "Just Plain Stupid", "Birthday Suit", or "Don't worry, it's just the bath salts."

3. Loot every sock in the entire game map and store them on your person.

Name suggestions: "These'll come in handy at some point."

how about harvesting all cattails...."Pu...." nevermind....

Though "pointless" to some degree, it is stuff like that that keeps some class of player engaged and playing. The sense of accomplishment that TLD is trying to evoke. Others won't care and that is their prerogative.

I like the clicking all radios one (would force you to visit every map and lot's of places)

The corpse one is not bad either.

One could be eat 1 of every food item (bunny, bear, wolf, deer, candy, jerky, cracker, etc. etc.)

The nomad and the whiteout were fun to try when I first started playing too.

The challenges are a nice way to do things too and you need them of varying levels of difficulty. Advanced players might disagree but to get more people enjoying the game you cannot only target those advanced players.

23 minutes ago, AZHockeyNut said:

The challenges are a nice way to do things too and you need them of varying levels of difficulty. Advanced players might disagree but to get more people enjoying the game you cannot only target those advanced players.

Advance players should appreciate the following simple equation:

More players = More money = More features :winky:

I personally don't find pilgrim very interesting for instance but the game is better off for having it included since being constantly on the run near death is not the experience everyone is looking for.

Destroy all harvestable furniture in the entire game: "Vandal" / "Anger management" / "Redecoration" / "Furniture's for losers anyway" / "Eviction notice"

Forge 20 knives and/or hatchets: "Ulfberht" / "Masamune" / "Heavy Industry" / "Industrial de-volution" / "Business re-cycle"

Fire 1000 rounds: "Rapid fire" / "Firing line" / "Cold Wild West" / "Trigger-happy" / "Almost enough dakka"

Those sound more like achievements to me, but meh, I'm gonna put 'em out here anyway :D 

Archived