Primitive Fire Making Ability

Izmeraldas

Hai hai :)

Having played Interloper Mode and now the Halloween Event on Interloper Mode

it dawned on me, what the game is lacking is a primitive fire starting ability.

Like making a fire board out of sticks. Even finding random pieces of flint around

frozen lakes and streams like cat tails. Flint makes better sense in the scheme of the game

as a fire source replacing matches, lighters and the magnifying glass as the most basic

primitive fire tool.

I found after starting Interloper 6 times and not having matches spawn in the world,

you are just dead. No way around it. Finding flint would give the player, at least, a better chance.

And it being an easily exhaustible item means giving the player more time to find matches

before all the flint is gone from the region.

Just a thought I had :)

Keep playing and sooner or later you will learn where to always find your first box of matches. What you suggest might be fun if matches were rarer and if all of the matches had random spawn locations but at the moment they do not.

You could have flint replace matches altogether but it would be much of a muchness - once you find a magnifying glass, well, I'm sure some people never use a match again.

3 hours ago, Izmeraldas said:

Hai hai :)

Having played Interloper Mode and now the Halloween Event on Interloper Mode

it dawned on me, what the game is lacking is a primitive fire starting ability.

Like making a fire board out of sticks. Even finding random pieces of flint around

frozen lakes and streams like cat tails. Flint makes better sense in the scheme of the game

as a fire source replacing matches, lighters and the magnifying glass as the most basic

primitive fire tool.

I found after starting Interloper 6 times and not having matches spawn in the world,

you are just dead. No way around it. Finding flint would give the player, at least, a better chance.

And it being an easily exhaustible item means giving the player more time to find matches

before all the flint is gone from the region.

Just a thought I had :)

Good !! 
How about making fire by ice??? :D

Interloper seems to constrain the amount of matches. The magnifying lens might be the only possible long term fire making device so far. I suspect they are moving that way but you need to build your fire skills by research! And use the frickin' accelerant; don't hoard it!

I like that Interloper may not allow indefinite survival. It should be like Suicide mode on Doom.

Archived