Decoys in v.364 / v.365

aurora

I know, there was an update regarding decoys in v.364. I wonder if it still works at all. The reason i ask is, that i had to run several times lately to get away from a wolf (Voyager) and dropped a decoy but it seemed, that the wolf did not get attracted to the decoy and finally got me. Could the reason be, that the wolf was already too near to me to get distracted by the decoy?

Decoy range is smaller now.  They have to walk near it to get attracted.  So if you drop one and strafe away from it you could kite them out of its range.  And if by the time they see it they are already charging at you they will run right over it.  There also seems to be a range where they will re-agro back onto you if you are just standing next to your lure watching.

Further, they walk to the decoy rather quickly now.  Pace is similar to their stalking pace so it can be hard to determine at what point their interest shifts.  

But the big change is that when they reach it they grab the decoy and run away now rather than stopping to eat. 

1 hour ago, selfless said:

But the big change is that when they reach it they grab the decoy and run away now rather than stopping to eat. 

Ah, didn't yet have an opportunity to see that. Interesting. Is this to prevent the drop decoy - shoot eating wolf combo? Probably.

Archived