Wishlist for new version (sweat)

sreyem13

Congrats on the two year Anniversary!!! Really excited to be playing this game again! Love the new changes; challenges, snow hole, waiting, better dying graphics, emergency stimulant, coastal highway shoreline washing up a nice fat salmon, and no craftingin the dark! Realism factor has been stepped up! Here are some of my ideas from playing the game:

Could the weather get worse as the game progresses, forcing players to hunt for better clothing? Like insane cold, where even the best clothing barely help after a certain amount of time? I think it makes sense for normal winter clothing to be useless after surviving 50 or 100 days, and constant snow storms? I dont know the direction of the devs, but i am sure the game is gonna get even better!

I would hope to have the old bear warning sounds removed, but it was nice to be able to hear it near before it charges. I love using sounds to survive, like hearing a wolf creeping around the corner, players can hear his footsteps, giving a last second chance to make the moves to survive an attack. 

As for the coastline, I'd like to have no weak ice warning, but just cracking ice. I physically walked on ice once when i shouldn't of, wind picked up and heard ice crack as the wind bent the ice and was phenomenal in real life, scared me to death! It would be cool to see this in game, if not the removal of text warning of weak ice then, during windy moments, the sound effect of ice bending/shifting (sounds like a huge saw being bent and echoes everywhere) 

Lastly, I'd love to see the effects of wetness play a bigger role in survival, such as when running for a great distance,as the player sweats the risk of hypothermia increases. A family member who trained in the military told me once that if i was ever to get wet in cold weather its better to strip down naked than to wear wet clothes. Never had to do that thankfully!

Thanks again for an amazing game!

Personally, I would also like the weak ice warning to be replaced by just a creaking noise. But I am afraid that quite a number of not-so-astute players would not understand the causality between the noise and them breaking through. So I don't know whether removing the warning would do the game good overall.

Concerning the sweat/wetness thing, I concur that introducing that mechanic would make the game more realistic. However, introducing too much realism can result in tedious gameplay. I just read my survival stories on these forums from way back (the Wrapped in Furs runs etc.). Stalker was more or less as difficult at the time as Interloper is today (at least that is my current perception after an ingame week on Interloper), but the game had a completely different rhythm. Many aspects have become more detailed or - if you will - realistic since then, but I'm not sure the game has improved that much overall as a game. Hmmm... I might open a separate thread about this...

@Hotzn

Yes I agree, some players need a bit more handholding to get started, but theres been suggestions of a tutorial once all the mechanics have been added that might help. 

Also, a much simpler solution would be a toggleable option for "warnings" 

Ive played the game quite a while and can confirm that todays Stalker is yesterday's voyageur. Try starting a game on stalker in and limit yourself to the Timberwolf Mountain map, And imagine a wolf fight being twice as hard. That was Stalker then. But frequent bad steam reviews from people who kept dying from the same mistakes caused the devs to soften the wolves

New mechanics and skills have made the game more tedious and easier, however, it made gameplay deeper. So Im okay with those.

ceviki

Thanks! I noticed that after posting, only played challenges not aware of Interloper. I love how tough its gotten with Interloper.

MarrowStone

Toggleable warnings is a great idea.

Hotzn

I am really into the sound aspect. So, more sound volume controls would be a nice addition, like with the voice, maybe  fire, footsteps, wildlife, etc or something for more control.

On 16/10/2016 at 8:44 AM, MarrowStone said:

@Hotzn

New mechanics and skills have made the game more tedious and easier, however, it made gameplay deeper. So Im okay with those.

Thanks god not so much tedious, I hate skill trees etc. When I bought the long dark I liked that there was none, now that we have them I look them up once in a while but they don't stress me.

15 hours ago, togg said:

Thanks god not so much tedious, I hate skill trees etc. When I bought the long dark I liked that there was none, now that we have them I look them up once in a while but they don't stress me.

Yeah, I was a little iffy with them at first, but as long as they dont get too complicated, or branch like rpg games have them do, they should be ok. I duslike choosing between left or right skill branches, and skill points. However, they need to also be careful about what abilities they lock off too. The starting feats help that at least.

Archived