Shooting the bow

brian71mm

Just curious but I've shot both deer and wolves with my bow being fully drawn multiple times watching the arrow hit the animal bouncing off with a puff of blood and not sticking yet there will be no blood trail at all after shooting. Has anyone else encountered this? 

On 6.10.2016 at 10:08 PM, brian71mm said:

Just curious but I've shot both deer and wolves with my bow being fully drawn multiple times watching the arrow hit the animal bouncing off with a puff of blood and not sticking yet there will be no blood trail at all after shooting. Has anyone else encountered this? 

Yeah, I've observed this odd arrow behaviour (often coupled to the breaking of the arrow) a lot of times while bow-hunting deer. It never happened to me with rabbits, wolves or bears, though.

It doesn't seem to be relevant where or at which angle I hit the deer as far as I can tell - about 20% of my arrows just bounce off (and usually break) and the animal runs away without leaving a blood trail. I always thought it was some kind of Interloper feature, but maybe it's also just a bug.

ive only had the chance to use the bow once so far. I was near death and really regretting my decision to hunt fully expecting to track down a deer for a decient amount of time, but to my supprise i landed a head shot (right above the left eye) and the deer feel within an instant. Not a deer hunter myself but i didnt think it would work out that way...

Archived