POLL: Dynamic Interior Temperatures or As Is

stray_cur

Dynamic Interior Temperatures or As Is   

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just about to make a post about how fires that burn lasting more than three hours would definitely have "embers" as the game calls them for at least another hour. When i first saw embers a long time ago i thought i had time to drink my water then add fuel... i was wrong and it went out. 4 ish minutes of embers really makes no sense.

I agree that the ability for liquids to refreeze and have to be melted but not boiled again would be an acceptable tradeoff for this.

I'd also like to see containers where you have to actually have the container to hold the liquids as well as being able to take water out of the fishing hole but needing to constantly heat ice/water in order to drink it would make for more things to do in the day and difficulty the game could use. I know it is a simulator thing but it really isn't too hard to model this stuff at all. 

2 hours ago, cekivi said:

An inexperienced person could just as easily put the fire out.

an inexperienced player wouldn't survive Interloper for long anyway :silly:

I am not absolutely against the ideas in this thread, I'm just saying that the devs would have to put a lot of thinking into it to not spoil Interloper and make it too easy in the late game while not making it impossible to survive the early days. It gets already easier after day 20ish when you have the mag glass and warm cloths, found a bed roll and can craft a bow, which is where I am right now at day 39. The only thread left to my survival are the darn ninja wolves which learned some new shenanigans, like not being there for days but once I want to go "there" they suddenly stay and won't disappear (I had a fishing hut full of fish in ML and just when I was done fishing a wolf blocked my way to Camp Office for 8 straight days, in blizzard and sunshine).

This won't be a problem soon, I'm heading now to DP to craft bow&arrows, plenty material cured. I wonder if there'd still be any challenge left and that's why I'm being cautious with new additions like coals that might, just might, make it even easier. But if the devs find a clever way to implement it, I'm not against it ;)

If it weren't for the lack of matches in Interloper, I think the D.I.T. would still be a pretty straight forward implementation across the modes, and wouldn't overcomplicate things for players.  But I suppose the lack of matches is pretty integral to interloper -- it at least makes the first few days pretty nuts.

• 4 weeks later...

"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice".

Still, every time I see a screen shot of a fire superfluously burning I think of this topic.  This includes TLD's own intro, TLD's own reddit header, and a good % of user shared images.  The tendency for such screenshots despite its (in-game) wastefulness I think speaks to the point.

Why must it be left to make-believe?

Capture.thumb.PNG.4a42915dabe60bf5bdc189

2 hours ago, stray_cur said:

"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice".

Still, every time I see a screen shot of a fire superfluously burning I think of this topic.  This includes TLD's own intro, TLD's own reddit header, and a good % of user shared images.  The tendency for such screenshots despite its (in-game) wastefulness I think speaks to the point.

Why must it be left to make-believe?

Capture.thumb.PNG.4a42915dabe60bf5bdc189

If you build it, they will come ! 8)

Archived