Rifle loading animation

Drazon

When you load your rifle first time there's this animation where there's something like five bullets being loaded. But when you shoot the rifle first time (at bear, ofc) you won't be able to press just R(eload) and shoot again. Noup. There actually ain't that many bullets in the gun, you have to actually reload it again before another shot. By the time you are ready to take it, you're down to 10% health and soon dead. Just because you believed that animation.

So, I'd say the rifle should be loaded as many bullets as the animation show, to prevent new (and older) players from getting killed for such a error of "oh, now I see, it didn't actually load the gun". Kinda mood-killer.

14 hours ago, Drazon said:

When you load your rifle first time there's this animation where there's something like five bullets being loaded. But when you shoot the rifle first time (at bear, ofc) you won't be able to press just R(eload) and shoot again. Noup. There actually ain't that many bullets in the gun, you have to actually reload it again before another shot. By the time you are ready to take it, you're down to 10% health and soon dead. Just because you believed that animation.

So, I'd say the rifle should be loaded as many bullets as the animation show, to prevent new (and older) players from getting killed for such a error of "oh, now I see, it didn't actually load the gun". Kinda mood-killer.

I'm trying to figure this out...

Are you saying that after the update things have changed?

Yes, it's true that if there are room for 5 cartridges, and you have 5 cartridges, your survivor will load all 5 cartridges at once utilizing a stripper clip.  This isn't necessarily the first load.  If you have found 3 cartridge and then find the rifle and load it, then later on find 5 and load it, you'll see the stripper clip in action

R for for reload means take a cartridge out of your pocket and put it in the magazine of the gun.  It does NOT mean 'work the bolt handle to eject the spent round and chamber a fresh round'.  It sounds to me like that is what you might be trying to do.  I you have two rounds in the gun, you can shoot twice, pretty much one right after the other, no need to reload.  I guess our survivor is familiar enough with bolt actions that he just instinctively works the bolt after the shot, as most experienced riflemen do.

The above poster has the right of it.

Basically you loaded the gun but didn't chamber a round. The Lee-Enfield rifle ("hunting rifle") is a bolt-action rifle capable of holding a clip of bullets. Every time you work the bolt, it ejects the spent cartridge (if there is one) and loads the next round into the chamber.

Archived