SERIOUS FPS PROBLEM v.364

Artech

Am i the only one have some serious FPS problems with this patch ? I was playing 60-50 fps last patch but with this one im playing 20-30. Do i need new pc or this patch need update ?  (Asus Gtx760 AMD Fx X8 8350 8gb RAM Windows 7 64 bit) 

Note : What the f? I'm seeing 17 fps some places in forest Mystery lake. I know day by day game getting bigger and smal fps drop normally cuz details and graphics getting better always. But isn't normal to drop 17 FPS from 60 right ?

Note 2 : I added a video in my last comment.

1 hour ago, Wastelander said:

For me, it works perfectly - could it be a hardware issue?

My system: Acer Aspire E15 Laptop E5-571G-52T3

Intel Core i5-5200u

Nvidia GeForce 840m with 2 gigs of dedicated VRAM

4gb DDR Ram

Nope all drivers updated and the same driver with last patch and my pc parts fine. Can't be from hardware or software

On 27.09.2016 at 0:14 AM, cranston said:

Artech, I have nearly same specs as you (older CPU tho), encountered the same issue. Was quite drastic. Just to check, which driver release are you running?

Latest Geforce Driver which is Geforce Game Ready Driver 372.90 9/21/2016. Just in case i'm saying again this problem not about my hardware of software I'm sure about that.

I hear ya. Just to rule it out, you might try an earlier driver. May work better with any tweaking of the game engine Hinterlands performed between last patch and now (depending on who you ask, 368.39 & 368.81 are considered pretty stable releases). Also, I've given the borderless window option a shot (launch options, -popupwindow).

I'm getting it, too.  It's generally a slow-down when I first enter a new area (like transition from interior to exterior), and every now and then it'll re-occur when outside.  I've always had a slight drop during blizzards, and probably fog, too.  But I expect that with all the extra effects going on.  My computer is far from a beast and I've been playing on medium and 1366x768 rather than 1600x900 for a while.

It's still playable, once it gets past that brief chug.  Still, it's good to know it's not just me.  Kinda thought it might be to do with how resources are loaded, or something...  pure speculation.  I haven't updated my driver for maybe 2 weeks - month ish but I've honestly I don't think I've ever really noticed that do anything for my generally naf performance with current games.  Just need a better computer ;)

Edit:  Specs are often useful, huh.  CPU is i7-4700MQ (2.GHz) and GPU is NVidia 740M (2GB).  12GB RAM.

14 hours ago, cranston said:

I hear ya. Just to rule it out, you might try an earlier driver. May work better with any tweaking of the game engine Hinterlands performed between last patch and now (depending on who you ask, 368.39 & 368.81 are considered pretty stable releases). Also, I've given the borderless window option a shot (launch options, -popupwindow).

When i was try test build and main brach first its was one step earlier driver. And was still got problems. Also i'm playing all time full screen it'is alwasy better for cpu nearly in all games.

7 hours ago, Wayfarer said:

I'm getting it, too.  It's generally a slow-down when I first enter a new area (like transition from interior to exterior), and every now and then it'll re-occur when outside.  I've always had a slight drop during blizzards, and probably fog, too.  But I expect that with all the extra effects going on.  My computer is far from a beast and I've been playing on medium and 1366x768 rather than 1600x900 for a while.

It's still playable, once it gets past that brief chug.  Still, it's good to know it's not just me.  Kinda thought it might be to do with how resources are loaded, or something...  pure speculation.  I haven't updated my driver for maybe 2 weeks - month ish but I've honestly I don't think I've ever really noticed that do anything for my generally naf performance with current games.  Just need a better computer ;)

Edit:  Specs are often useful, huh.  CPU is i7-4700MQ (2.GHz) and GPU is NVidia 740M (2GB).  12GB RAM.

Yeah i know with every update game getting bigger and need strong pc for that. But not with -20 or -30 fps in only one patch.

On 24/09/2016 at 3:39 PM, Artech said:

Am i the only one have some serious FPS problems with this patch ? I was playing 60-50 fps last patch but with this one im playing 20-30. Do i need new pc or this patch need update ?  (Asus Gtx760 AMD Fx X8 8350 8gb RAM Windows 7 64 bit) 

Note : What the f? I'm seeing 17 fps some places in forest Mystery lake. I know day by day game getting bigger and smal fps drop normally cuz details and graphics getting better always. But isn't normal to drop 17 FPS from 60 right ?

I have the same issue, and my specs are almost the same as yours (GTX 760, Intel i5 760, 8GB RAM, Win7 64bit). I don't know exactly how many fps i had before the v.364, but probably more than 60, cause game was running very smooth(on highest possible settings, ssao on, 1920x1080). Now i had to set medium quality to match fps before the update. (fps drops to about 15-20 near the Camp Office on Mystery Lake) And i haven't noticed any major graphic improvements(even minor, to be honest), and the fps drop looks really strange on that background. I hope Hinterland will fix this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also, you guys can check my latest youtube video for my  channel. This video not published yet but atleast i can show i'm playing 50+fps in ultra settings all maps except mystery lake. That map just broken and need fix asap. Video language turkish btw.  

So to be very straight forward a GTX 760 is not expected to run the game at Ultra. Regardless of what experience you have at other locations or in the past, the card is much closer to low or mid range spec. Mystery Lake has some very dense trees and particle effects that will push the card. We are always working to optimize the game, but I really do need to set the expectation that a 760 is not going to cut it at Ultra an that frame drops will be expected. 

22 hours ago, Support said:

So to be very straight forward a GTX 760 is not expected to run the game at Ultra. Regardless of what experience you have at other locations or in the past, the card is much closer to low or mid range spec. Mystery Lake has some very dense trees and particle effects that will push the card. We are always working to optimize the game, but I really do need to set the expectation that a 760 is not going to cut it at Ultra an that frame drops will be expected. 

I do not know if you okay with nearly 20-30 fps differents between mystery lake and other regions. If you say yes i can't tell more. But i can clearly say mystery lake not worth with huge fps differents like that.

Note: Also i'm not sure you check the videos which are i insert to my messagess. First huge fps different in a cave in mystery lake while looking left or right. Second  you said 760 medium graphic card while im playing ultra 50+fps all region except mysery lake. Dunno this is your game tho. I can only say what's wrong with it. I can't say what you have to make it.

Just now, Artech said:

I'm using nearly all kind of capture program. But mostly shadow play.

I'm just asking because I just recorded a couple of videos in TLD using Shadowplay with my 750ti(similar to your card, although heavily overclocked). It lowered my framerate by a lot, a lot more than in other games I have tried. Usually - not recording - I am almost exactly on 60fps(1080p, ultra setting) except for certain places, mostly in ML, where it can drop down close to 40. So... If you are streaming/recording, then yes - your framerate is normal and you probably should lower the visual quality to have smooth gameplay at all times.

I haven't been around this game for very long so I haven't yet been able to see how the game's performance has changed during development so I can't share any insights on that. However, I will ask you this: did your framerate drop around the same time you started streaming/youtubing...? ;)

Archived