Makeshift Bedroll

cekivi

I just thought it would be neat to add a makeshift to the game. You'd have the option to "harvest" any bed you come across in a permanent structure to make a makeshift bedroll. The benefit of this is it's an easy way to get a bedroll in the event that yours is either lost or ruined. The downside of course is being makeshift (a rolled up duvet and bed sheet basically) is that it wouldn't provide much warmth (+1C) and it would lose condition really quickly.

Effectively it gives you a chance to get an emergency bedroll at the cost of permanently losing one of the beds in the game.

6 hours ago, Vinceofpyrenees said:

OF COURSE. good idea. because, if we have not enough pieces of tissus to repair the classic bedroll, it will diseapaer finally. and we ll stay without anything. so, good point

I like the idea because it gives us more options and choices... but I honestly don't think we have any problem with clothes in game. My longer game is close to the 300 days, I have a huuuuuuge collection of clothes in all my basecamps, and the knowledge of all those curtains and towels that I can harvest at every house :)

18 hours ago, cekivi said:

Effectively it gives you a chance to get an emergency bedroll at the cost of permanently losing one of the beds in the game.

While I do agree with the overall idea and sentiment, why would I make an emergency bedroll when there's a bed nearby? Am I misunderstanding something here? 

I'm all in for this! or maybe be able to repair the bedrolls even if they are RUINED at the expense of twice the cloths.

2 hours ago, Wastelander said:

While I do agree with the overall idea and sentiment, why would I make an emergency bedroll when there's a bed nearby? Am I misunderstanding something here? 

It is really useful if you cant kill 2 bears right away or used all the bedrolls. You see, I was in timberwolf mountain and I lost my first bedroll thanks to a bear attack and lost my second one because I had the bad luck of getting attacked by two wolves and the game had the fantastic idea of deciding that a 2 wolf attack deserved to trash my 95% bedroll to RUINED.

7 hours ago, Gonzalo said:

I'm all in for this! or maybe be able to repair the bedrolls even if they are RUINED at the expense of twice the cloths.

It is really useful if you cant kill 2 bears right away or used all the bedrolls. You see, I was in timberwolf mountain and I lost my first bedroll thanks to a bear attack and lost my second one because I had the bad luck of getting attacked by two wolves and the game had the fantastic idea of deciding that a 2 wolf attack deserved to trash my 95% bedroll to RUINED.

Okay, that does make sense to me ^_^

LOL I think that I discovered a bug, If I always throw my bedroll and get naked if a wolf is chasing me in case that I miss my arrow and he attacks me so I don't get my cloth or bedroll ripped to pieces, but now It just happened that I threw my bedroll, got naked, missed my arrow, won the struggle and my 83% bedroll went to 22% on the ground. . .

Will try to replicate.

On 2016-09-01 at 4:35 PM, Wastelander said:

Basically for the reasons @Gonzalo outlined (welcome to the forums!): sometimes you don't have a bedroll but you still need to travel. Do you want to risk being unable to sleep?

Archived