This game will never leave Alpha

Quarbani 79

I do love this game which is why I come back time and time again despite losing countless saves. I'm on Xbox one and it just dawned on me you can't release this game until you fix the save system and the truth is you don't know how to that right? 

So you delay the game and make a roadmap for the next year with all the wonderful content you want to add, which is great by the way but this is you stalling the release whilst you try to figure out how to stop the corrupted saves. 

Clearly you can't solve this issue without help. Have you spoken to Microsoft and got their advice?

so hinterland, for the time being you can fob us off when we lose a save by saying it's still in alpha and we should expect bugs. I tell you though, the minute this game gets released and i lose a save. You won't be able to hide behind that story anymore and I'm sure I will be asking for a refund like a lot of others.

1 hour ago, Quarbani 79 said:

I do love this game which is why I come back time and time again despite losing countless saves. I'm on Xbox one and it just dawned on me you can't release this game until you fix the save system and the truth is you don't know how to that right? 

So you delay the game and make a roadmap for the next year with all the wonderful content you want to add, which is great by the way but this is you stalling the release whilst you try to figure out how to stop the corrupted saves. 

Clearly you can't solve this issue without help. Have you spoken to Microsoft and got their advice?

so hinterland, for the time being you can fob us off when we lose a save by saying it's still in alpha and we should expect bugs. I tell you though, the minute this game gets released and i lose a save. You won't be able to hide behind that story anymore and I'm sure I will be asking for a refund like a lot of others.

xbox fun lol :)  sound like your blaming HT for all your lost saves? sure maybe there are still bugs but sheesh, it is alpha mode still and yet your still upset.

Yes Nicko, it's still in alpha like I said but that wasn't my point. My point was this is a long running issue across Xbox saves. If they haven't fixed a basic fundamental of any game (saving progress) then will they ever? 

Of course I'm blaming HT because no other Xbox game that I know has had such basic problems like saving even other preview games in alpha.

I hope so. I get so passionate about it because I love this game so much. Just upsets me that between 30-50 days just when I'm getting dug in for the long haul I lose my save.... Over and over....every time. I haven't even lasted long enough to build a bear sleeping bag 

8 hours ago, Quarbani 79 said:

Sorry to hear you are still running into problems with game saves. I'll forward this post to the tech team so we can follow up on it. We have already made a variety of changes to the game to deal with this issue. I take it you have already tried power cycling your Xbox? https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

The alternative is upgrading to the superior platform, the PC, which has less frequent instability issues and has generally quicker response times for bugfixes (Hinterland don't have to run the updates past an unreliable third party for PC updates like they do with the Xbox).
I kid of course, if you like Xbox, so be it But if you genuinely want a better gaming experience overall, PCs are the way to go.

PC will ALWAYS BE the king of gaming!  I mean seriously Quarbani???  .... You do have a PC don't you??????

I've never had a lick of trouble with this game on PC.  Adapt, overcome, and get on a PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and as far as leaving alpha..... this game will go as far as it wants.....WITH or WITHOUT YOU!!

On 22/07/2016 at 9:51 PM, Quarbani 79 said:

The irony is I chose an Xbox because of its simplicity. Just put a disc in and away you go. I find PC's to much hassle settings things up.

This actualy irony is, I don't even have to put a disc in....

Archived