I want to be able to decorate my home. Please.

Docterrok

Ok, I live in the trappers cabin, it's really nice. But why can't we decorate it? Here are some decorations I was thinking of. 

• Posters (pin up girls, movie posters, posters with super heroes, cars, etc)
  • wood carvings
  • interactive dartboard
  • globe
  • calender
  • deer head mount
  • rifle rack
  • toys 
  • ability to put pelts on wall
  • chess
  • cards
  • ability to make paintings or banners then be able to hang them up
  • sausages on string to cure them. For a touch of MAMA MIA 
  • weights to get those mad gains
  • bobble heads
  • ability to sit in chairs

why should this be a thing? Not only would it keep the game interesting. But it would incline most players to be creative with decorating! Thus making true homes for themselves and adding a personal touch. Is there anything you'd like to see that you could use to decorate? I don't just want to survive, I want to have fun! ^_^

1 hour ago, Docterrok said:

Is there a reason we're not allowed to decorate our homes? 

Please do not bump threads by repeating information you already wrote in your original post. It doesn't add anything to the thread.  

As for your request, it's one that has come up before, certainly. We like to think the placement system gives players some flexibility in customizing and organizing their survival base. How far we take this approach remains to be seen. Thanks for the request! :coffee:

49 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Please do not bump threads by repeating information you already wrote in your original post. It doesn't add anything to the thread.  

As for your request, it's one that has come up before, certainly. We like to think the placement system gives players some flexibility in customizing and organizing their survival base. How far we take this approach remains to be seen. Thanks for the request! :coffee:

No problem! I apologize, it was not my intent to bump this thread, I should have added to my first post.

While I do agree with the general idea (and especially those 1950's/1960's pinups, they're the best :D ), the thing is that this would add a small layer of gameplay for the price of at least a dozen new items and mechanics. I guess we could just leave this one to the modding community.

1 minute ago, Wastelander said:

While I do agree with the general idea (and especially those 1950's/1960's pinups, they're the best :D ), the thing is that this would add a small layer of gameplay for the price of at least a dozen new items and mechanics. I guess we could just leave this one to the modding community.

I don't se how it would be super difficult to implement, just add some useless items and your good to go. 

Just now, Docterrok said:

I don't se how it would be super difficult to implement, just add some useless items and your good to go. 

It's not difficult (I guess, I'm not a programmer. I once made a computer crash with 'Hello world' in Python and I don't know how :D ), it consumes two very important resources - time and money. As I said, your idea isn't bad, but sometimes it's more economical to 'outsource' things to the modding community.

Although I do definitely agree on putting pelts on walls - that'd make more sense than the current system AND look nice and cozy :coffee:

Archived