duct tape, splints, instant noodles, and kernel crunch breakfast cereal.

Docterrok

Possibly game-related: Armoring the vest took me less than two hours and all I had was a pair of kindergarten scissors and cable binders, along with the usual materials. The helmet took a bit more work, glueing all sorts of fabrics to it (it's not really visible on the photo, but it's got a short faux-fur mohawk, a bit of a children's blanket and women's underwear on it), but that was just for decoration. The visor can actually stop wood splinters, so if body armor is ever added, those helmets could be a rare find in the lumberjack trailers!

No splints, please.

If you break a leg in a survival situation, you are pretty much going to die ( I never say "always", but the odds are astronomically not in your favor), either from starvation, exposure, or from infection.

With a broken arm, your chances are much less "crippled", but you are still unlikely to survive, especially alone.

Humanity has existed in tribes and clans for all of our history, even before we were humans, for many reasons. The ability to take care of wounded members of the group was one of them.

No, if we get in a situation in-game where we break a leg, we should just die. I don't know about you, but slowly dying without being able to do anything doesn't sound like much fun. It is realistic, but in real life, I would be opening my wrists in that scenario pretty quickly.

Archived