duct tape, splints, instant noodles, and kernel crunch breakfast cereal.

Docterrok

Just now, Docterrok said:

instant noodles could be prepared similar to tea or coffee! :coffee:

You're a mindreader, aren't you? I actually have army-issue coffee powder that only uses hot water in my possession - bit scared to try it since I'm very particular about my coffee :D But yeah, those instant ramen packs with spices and lots of chemicals could really become a good food item.

1 minute ago, Docterrok said:

in a little white bowl with chop sticks!

178134718_XS.jpg

Bro, I'm a university student, these things are love, these things are life :D

Also, they last almost indefinitely, can be prepared with minimum effort and carry at least some calories, so they would really be a worthwhile addition to the game.

it should have crazy slow degrade time.

Yep. Dried foods can, if stored correctly (inside, cool, dark, unopened) last for decades.

As for the duct tape, what do you think we should be able to do with it? Improve crafting? Last-resort bandage? Twist it into a rope?

Body armor out of books/magazines, I like it. I think this is one quality that clothes in the game are lacking in general: Armor. While a wolf's jaws are powerful, every bit of extra effort it has to make biting through several layers can make a difference.

I do post-apocalyptic LARP and have some experience making makeshift armor actually. The rule system states that it actually has to be functional in order to count as functional, so I'm not making things up here.

My first armor was a hungarian tactical vest without any pouches attached to which I simply fastened some metal plates. For the character I am currently working on (post-apocalyptic crusader called Brother Cerus) I am using bits of leftover carpet I 'inherited' from the guy who lived in my place before. All of this is light armor - will stop a small blade but nothing past that.

If you want to stop larger blades and probably teeth, you'll want something layered - books are especially good for that, since they distribute the energy of the incoming attack throughout the pages instead of on a single, monolithic slab of steel. It's still not as good as kevlar, and you will still get injured, but your injuries will be less severe.

Best thing to do is to combine - have a metal outer layer to divert blades, a layered inner layer like a magazine to distribute energy and some sort of padding on the inside to soften the blow on your body. Body armor will not completely prevent injury unless you're wearing full plate armor with kevlar inside, but it helps keep you alive.

seriously though, body armor is such a great idea, you should make a separate post on it! your better at typing than I am! best of luck dude!

Roger, wilco as soon as I did some more research on possible materials - the most sophisticated I ever worked with was metal, soviet-era Milsurp and a foam matress :D

Archived