Wolfs acting together

exeexe

I dont know how the wolfs are programmed but i was thinking if two or more wolfs are close to each other and are near you and only one of them notice you, maybe it could be programmed that the triggered wolf will alert the others so they all go on you.

In the same way, I think that it you startle a deer, then the rest of its little herd should run away as well. (Plus, they need to run further away before stopping, and not charge straight at you when 'fleeing'!)

Wolves do go about in groups now, of up to 3 as far as I've seen. I had to fight off two in quick succession the other day because of this - the third one ran away after growling for a bit, even though I didn't actually do anything specific to deter him (except stab his two mates). But yeah, wildlife alerting each other to your and each other's presence would add a great new layer of immersion. Their behaviour overall at the moment is slightly weird and clunky - I'm sure there are plans for it though!

I don't know if I would be of much help in this particular topic since I have yet to play the game, but wolves do hunt in packs of around eight (Sometimes more, Sometimes less.) per pack. I think it would be amazing if we could have that. Also, I would love to see some Alpha Male wolves influencing lower ranked members of their packs. I know I'm not even the slightest experienced TLD player as I have absolutely zero hours of gameplay. I'm still waiting to purchase my Xbox One. I would love to just see wildlife work as close to the natural world's ecosystem as possible. This may not be beneficial from a gameplay perspective, but as an experienced outdoorsman, this would make things much more appealing to me and I'm betting their are some gamers that would find this interesting as well. Let's introduce mountain lions too. ;)

On 4/25/2016 at 1:44 AM, The Timberwolf Revenant said:

I don't know if I would be of much help in this particular topic since I have yet to play the game, but wolves do hunt in packs of around eight (Sometimes more, Sometimes less.) per pack. I think it would be amazing if we could have that. Also, I would love to see some Alpha Male wolves influencing lower ranked members of their packs. I know I'm not even the slightest experienced TLD player as I have absolutely zero hours of gameplay. I'm still waiting to purchase my Xbox One. I would love to just see wildlife work as close to the natural world's ecosystem as possible. This may not be beneficial from a gameplay perspective, but as an experienced outdoorsman, this would make things much more appealing to me and I'm betting their are some gamers that would find this interesting as well. Let's introduce mountain lions too. ;)

Currently, wolves do things like hunt deer and rabbits individually, and they run away from bears if they get too close. But not if they are eating - a wolf eating a deer carcass ignores a bear, and the bear doesn't do anything to disturb it, either. Bears do not attack other wildlife (unless the player counts as wildlife), but they do stop to munch on carcasses that they pass near (both deer and wolf). Deer run away from predators, but they are not nearly as flighty as real deer and they sometimes run away in the wrong direction (ie. towards the threat) - rabbits likewise. There is more interaction between wildlife planned further down the development line, as far as we can be aware. And cougars are in the roadmap as well.

Once cougars will show up i think that paranoia will consume my nerves. (in a positive way)

Imagine being ambushed. From what i know they are sneaky bastards. That would add another layer of danger to the game. Hearing a wolf barking very close from behind is already spooky. A Cougar...well,i guess you do not hear it coming!

Archived