Pacifist Achievement and Wolf Struggle

cekivi

Evening all.

While waiting for the next update I decided to try and get some more achievements. I was trying to get the Pacifist achievement on stalker. Nine days in, I got jumped by a wolf and, unfortunately, killed it in the ensuing struggle. Does this mean I lost out on the achievement and have to restart? The Steam forums say you're still allowed to defend yourself in a Pacifist run but I couldn't find anything more recent than early 2015 and a lot has changed since then :crosseye:

The pacifist badge is for going the first 50 days without firing the rifle, I think......when the wolf attacks you that doesn't count.

I did go the first 50 days without using the rifle or the bow (voyageur mode) and it wasn't that difficult.  When the wolves attack you, follow their blood trail until they die, and you have meat and their hide.

The Pacifist badge is surviving the first 25 days without killing anything - that means no hunting with rifle, bow/arrow, or snares. You survive mainly by scavenging dead kills and as @Patrick Carlson said, having wolves die after they attack you (they must initiate the attack, and you can't use anything other than bare hands or hunting knife to fend them off). 

The Silent Hunter badge is surviving the first 50 days without firing the rifle once. Snares and bow/arrow kills are permissible. 

Hope that helps!

@cekivi how are things going? Any luck getting the Pacifist badge? I was going for Silent Hunter, but chickened out when I went into the Dam the first time . . . :geek:

@cekivi Good luck! I faced starvation multiple times in this Voyager play through, and that was just in Mystery Lake! Lost one arrow, but got three, so I'm better than I was. Getting good with wolf hunting, too. 

I try to play a couple of hours or so each day - at least one game day at a time. On my days off I put in more, natch. I'm proud of hitting the 50 day mark with this Voyager game (third time's the charm, I guess), but I still feel like I'm flirting with the Long Dark every morning. 

The trick is to eat only in the mornings and evenings. Going hungry for lunch greatly extends your food supply without affecting your condition much. Plus it's not the hibernation-starvation exploit. It's just smart play :)

Good luck on getting to day 100! :D

I got the pacifist badge (in the same game as the silent hunter badge)...by letting the wolves attack me and stalking their blood trail...waiting til they died. And of course the deer leftovers. :) I did it in Coastal Highway living in/near the Quonset and staying fairly close to home.

Thanks hauteecolerider for the badge clarification.

Archived