Bunker-Exclusive Supplies

RaeRiceSimmer

Interesting, I thought the one at near TM was random as well since I don't remember it being there the first time I explored the mountain.

22 minutes ago, Pillock said:

Thanks, but that is the very last thing I want to do. I'd have preferred to have stumbled across one without prior knowledge that they even existed, I think - especially after so many in-game hours of ignorance. It'd have bowled me over, I imagine.

I probably will keep a conscious eye out for them from now on, but I doubt I'll ever scour the landscape with that goal in mind. (Plus, last time I went exploring the boonies for the sake of it, out of boredom at the sense of security in my PV Farmhouse base, I ended up spraining my ankles and getting attacked by wolves too many times, running out of painkillers, running low on condition, getting caught in a blizzard, then freezing to death in some God-knows-where-but-probably-not-far-from-the-house woodland.)

That's always the best-worst part of being low on condition in bad weather: knowing that you probably were (barely) within range of a shelter :)

30 minutes ago, Pillock said:

Thanks, but that is the very last thing I want to do. I'd have preferred to have stumbled across one without prior knowledge that they even existed, I think - especially after so many in-game hours of ignorance. It'd have bowled me over, I imagine.

I probably will keep a conscious eye out for them from now on, but I doubt I'll ever scour the landscape with that goal in mind. (Plus, last time I went exploring the boonies for the sake of it, out of boredom at the sense of security in my PV Farmhouse base, I ended up spraining my ankles and getting attacked by wolves too many times, running out of painkillers, running low on condition, getting caught in a blizzard, then freezing to death in some God-knows-where-but-probably-not-far-from-the-house woodland.)

screen_7c69fecb-08ee-43bf-8624-2482b93d1

That's what happened last time I went looking for hidden bunkers!

Dogs do have wrists, as do any four-legged creature! It's the front legs - specifically that joint we call the knee on the dog. The hock on the back leg is equivalent to the human's ankle joint.

Confused? Stand on the balls of your feet and the balls of your palms (at the base of your fingers. Now you've got the typical carnivore stance. 

Herbivores? Stand on your finger- and toenails! Hooves are basically nails grown thick and resilient.

So four sprained ankles is actually more confusing than two sprained ankles and a sprained wrist! :winky:

2 hours ago, hauteecolerider said:

Dogs do have wrists, as do any four-legged creature! It's the front legs - specifically that joint we call the knee on the dog. The hock on the back leg is equivalent to the human's ankle joint.

Confused? Stand on the balls of your feet and the balls of your palms (at the base of your fingers. Now you've got the typical carnivore stance. 

Herbivores? Stand on your finger- and toenails! Hooves are basically nails grown thick and resilient.

So four sprained ankles is actually more confusing than two sprained ankles and a sprained wrist! :winky:

As I recall, you mentioned before that you work as or for a vet, right @hauteecolerider? That'd explain all the details. I must admit, I didn't know dogs (and other four legged creatures) still had wrists. I always thought it was ankles since they're legs after all. I assume a dog's wrist doesn't have the full range of motion that a primate's does?

Think it was just a bit of banter coz of my profile pic.  Although I knew quadrapeds, like humans, have tibia fibia radius carpals etc wasn't sure if they were still referred to as wrists and ankles though I guess no reason why not since we still say hips shoulders and elbows.

52 minutes ago, cekivi said:

I assume a dog's wrist doesn't have the full range of motion that a primate's does?

Good question, I'm not sure if they have slightly more but then again not all primates have the same range of movement, apes are different to monkeys.

19 hours ago, cekivi said:

As I recall, you mentioned before that you work as or for a vet, right @hauteecolerider? That'd explain all the details. I must admit, I didn't know dogs (and other four legged creatures) still had wrists. I always thought it was ankles since they're legs after all. I assume a dog's wrist doesn't have the full range of motion that a primate's does?

I am a veterinarian, though I don't practice anymore. But once a vet, always a vet . . .

Actually, dogs and primates have very similar ROM's (range of motion, not read-only memory!) in their wrists, because their bones are shaped almost the same. However, the primate has a rather unique joint at the base of the thumb that is not mirrored at the base of the dog's dewclaw (that stubby little toe high up the inside of the front leg - sometimes it is removed in puppyhood) - this is known as a saddle joint and that is what gives primates their unique grasping ability. 

@illanthropist I knew it was banter based on your avatar - I remember you were teased about having four legs because you had four sprained ankles at the time! :D

Archived