sleep w/o a sleeping bag

jeremiah johnson

I recently found myself in a situation where i was an idiot and left my sleeping bag in a cave. I left and managed to find another location where it was warm enough inside to not need the warmth of a bag or bed. However, i was starting to become exhausted. I feel like in that situation, there was no reason i could not have simply slept on the floor. Luckily I found a home with a bed so I did not die of sleep deprivation but in a situation where i was warm enough to survive without it, why should i not be able to at least rest a bit. Does this seem logical?

Thank You

I totally agree, it makes no sense you cannot sleep just because you don't have your bag. If anything there could be a negative to your temperature (-4?) to represent you sleeping on snow or ice or just darn cold rocks and more of your body heat leaving because of that, but that just means the fire is more critical.

I totally agree, it makes no sense you cannot sleep just because you don't have your bag. If anything there could be a negative to your temperature (-4?) to represent you sleeping on snow or ice or just darn cold rocks and more of your body heat leaving because of that, but that just means the fire is more critical.

The normal sleeping Bag provides +5°C with 100% (Bear sleeping bag +12°C) When there is a malus in recovering your stamina while sleeping on snow or ice it would be ok for me.

Better suggestion. Passing out.

Instead of just slowly dying of sleep exhaustion. You should slowly start to pass out and fall asleep no matter where you are in the world. Wake up some random time later. This will make the game a ton harder and more fun too!

Instead of just slowly dying of sleep exhaustion. You should slowly start to pass out and fall asleep no matter where you are in the world. Wake up some random time later. This will make the game a ton harder and more fun too!

This is a great idea and realistic. Especially if temperature isn't a factor. If it is, you freeze to death. better not stay out in the cold.

I'm all in favor of allowing sleeping without a bag/bed.

Perhaps the rest restored is less due to lack of comfort?

You can take a nap in any car or truck even when you don't have the sleeping bag. You use the same Tab to sleep there. It's usually too cold to sleep there but it can be done if you can keep a fire going outside or for 20 minutes with a torch, sometimes.

You can take a nap in any car or truck even when you don't have the sleeping bag. You use the same Tab to sleep there. It's usually too cold to sleep there but it can be done if you can keep a fire going outside or for 20 minutes with a torch, sometimes.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. Shame you can't go couch surfing from cabin to cabin, yes there's a bed upstairs but being able to plonk my bum in a chair whilst staring at the fire would be nice.

Would be hard for me, as I am always carrying more than 30kg and often be emcumbered^^ But it sounds funny^^

Archived