Survival Panel, in-game time and fonts size

Revan

Hello.

The last half a year I didn't watch game updatings.

But having started game now I was very disappointed.

1. Survival Panel lost all functionality. Big request - return quick access to FORAGE WOOD, REPAIR, HARVEST from Survival Panel. The principle "all actions in one place" the very cosy.

As of today - very inconvenient to carry out these actions. For example, FORAGE WOOD. It is necessary to come into inventory, choose instrument, and press "Action"... What for? These are excess actions.

Earlier Survival Panel:

f526681127e2a9cb42fcb9e48804087c.jpeg

Today Survival Panel:

f35ebbd1f880e64fb86743d3759b85fd.jpeg

2. In-game time... you removed it?

For example: About 3 hours of daylight left? It not informatively!

Traditional watch (hh:mm) have to be on a place!

It is possible to make switching option through the menu.

3. Fonts... font size in 1280x1024 very small.

As of today all font in game the very small - texts hardly readable.

I ask you to return a normal font size such what it was in old bilds.

p.s. In FullHD problems with a font size aren't present.

Earlier normal fonts size:

64b4471f22c193c8b87e33d235ef482f.jpeg

Today small fonts size:

6ab898d394308a973f849b5f7e5ded36.jpeg

I cannot say anything about 1), because I only started playing the game a week or so ago. But tell me: How did one forage wood from the menu? Without actually having to go outside and find a limb?

2) It is the premise of the game that "somehow" everything electrical/electronical stopped working. I.e. unless you carry around a mechanical / wind-up clock with you, there is NO way of telling the exact time. What do you need the exact time for anyway? It's not like you're gonna catch a train or anything...

3) Can't you just change resolution if you screen is too small for the font size at maximum resolution?

How did one forage wood from the menu? Without actually having to go outside and find a limb?

Everything is very simple.

For the present day the player sees "Start Fire" in Survival Panel.

How you will treat if in the following bild the Start Fire button is removed from Survival Panel? Instead will offer you every time for fire go to in inventory to choose a match/lighter and to press "Action"?

It will be convenient? Not...

Similarly, FORAGE WOOD, HARVEST, REPAIR, etc.

The player has to see the FULL list of possible actions which were listed in Survival Panel earlier.

But how did "Forage Wood" actually work? Did you press it and then a progress bar started, creating firewood out of thin air, or what?

Yes, pretty much this,

You had a menu where you chose type of wood and amount and you simply gathered it out of thin air, didn't even matter if you where in the woods or not.

I don't understand why anyone would want the old system back, the new way of gathering firewood really raised my expectations on the game and it is one of the few things I consider to be almost perfect.

I think I also don't quite get what you mean, Revan, the start fire option is still available, if you don't want to open your Survival Panel you can simply use 4 as a hotkey for making a fireplace.

The exact time got removed because your character hat a electric clock which stopped working and now has to judge on the position of the sun what time of day it is, it will show ??? when there is thick fog or a blizzard.

...Did you press it and then a progress bar started, creating firewood out of thin air, or what?

Exactly...and...no, NOT like in RL! ;)

You've just picked the wood you want...a duration of gathering...and there you were...with your wood.

Well in that case: Good riddance.

But how did "Forage Wood" actually work? Did you press it and then a progress bar started, creating firewood out of thin air, or what?

After pressing "Forage Wood" you get to the screen Forage, where you choose which tool you will use to create wood.

If you are inside the home, you can collect Tinder and Reclaimer Wood. But if you are out of the house, you can collect Softwood and Hardwood.

Only thing I ask - is to return quick access to functions Forage Wood, Harvest, Repair.

Quick access from Survival Panel.

9c1ebcdd742880a7d26b1de62f2ddaa1.jpeg

Limbs and sticks very quickly burn down in a fire. I don't even consider them for firewood.

Earlier I could use a hatchet for deforestation, as a result I received fir-tree firewood and cedar firewood which burned ~ 1-2 hours.

What sense from a hatchet if I can't cut a pine, a fir-tree?

Limbs are the big thingies that yield either "Fir Firewood" or "Cedar Firewood", sometimes along with a bit of tinder. Those are the longest burning fuels. You probably meant "Brances and Sticks", which are really just sticks - and a very calorie-efficient fuel.

And hatchets are meant for processing timber, not felling trees. I have spent a lot of RL time harvesting firewood and I can tell you: You cannot fell an adult tree with a hatchet. Even with a proper Axe it would be a massive task. As far as I am concerned, the hatchets in-game do exactly what they are supposed to.

Archived