Extinguish the lantern without having to pick it up.

TheRealNFK

I know this is a really minor detail, just humor me a little.

So I'm eating dinner in the dark of the hydro dam, my bedroll is laid out, and the lantern is blazing away merrily on a shelf. After finishing my last scraps of cooked venison, I wash it down with some water (could really use some wine, but haven't found any cellars yet). It's time to sleep, but first, let's turn down that lantern... by picking it up, holding it in front of me, extinguishing the flame, then bumbling around in the dark to place it back on the shelf.

Just a little thing, but I would love it so much if I could just extinguish the lantern without having to pick it up.

[spoil]EC2C35A660AE6F03E3A32784A5C3CBF04C7DFDCF[/spoil]

Or maybe add an option to the inspection aspect when you first click on it to turn it on/off.

+1 to that, though I'd like if they went one step further and instead of options being "on/off", make it "full/medium/low/off" so that you can turn it for those times when you don't need it to be so bright and want to save a bit of kerosene...

...I'd like if they went one step further and instead of options being "on/off", make it "full/medium/low/off" so that you can turn it for those times when you don't need it to be so bright and want to save a bit of kerosene...

That would be a good base for the ability to only work at a workbench if it's lit...

Nice Idea!

• 3 weeks later...
Or maybe add an option to the inspection aspect when you first click on it to turn it on/off.

+1 to that, though I'd like if they went one step further and instead of options being "on/off", make it "full/medium/low/off" so that you can turn it for those times when you don't need it to be so bright and want to save a bit of kerosene...

That's a fantastic idea! Mimics the adjustable wick height on a real life lantern, and fuel savings!

How about seals, or stranded whales for harvest blubber for making more lamp oil? Cause as it is at the moment, I always rummage around in the dark, because I am so painfully aware that lamp oil is a finite resource and I rather waste time and energy than kerosene.

Archived