Minigames and not passive skills?

svisketyggeren

I think it would add alot of diffuculty and depth to the game if lighting a fire was some kind of minigame that got harder the colder u are. If ur freezing, severe shaking should make it harder to light a fire.

Minigame dosent need to be anything complex, slider back and forth...old school style 8-), that goes faster or more irradic the colder u are.

I know from experience that lighting a fire when u are freezing really sux...and "skill" dosent matter that much. Maybe what im getting at is the general problem that freezing makes all kinds of camp chores harder, opening ur bag, gathering wood, fine motor skills get harder, opening a can of beans gets harder etc.

In some way I think the game misses out on alot of that by just having a passive skills.

+1

I like the idea of having to put some effort in starting the fire, instead of waiting for a progress bar.

But I also like, in the way it is implemented now, that there is a random chance it will fail, depending on skill level, materials and environment. If a mini game was implemented, I'd still like for these factors to be taken into account.

Minigame for lighting fire why??? you just place the tinder light it up place some sticks and that's it. if it doesn't start try again and again just as it is right now. There is no need to mini game this. However, a mini game could be added if they implement something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJxpa9plCfs

then a mini game will the a good choice, and it should be hard cause it really is hard to do this.

yes!!

my brother mentioned something like this the first time he saw the game. i was fishing and he kept going on about how a minigame would make it much more interesting. there should be a small minigame, complete with character animations, for nearly every task, i think. chopping wood, lighting fires, fishing, even for things as simple as breaking down sticks. +1

yes!!

my brother mentioned something like this the first time he saw the game. i was fishing and he kept going on about how a minigame would make it much more interesting. there should be a small minigame, complete with character animations, for nearly every task, i think. chopping wood, lighting fires, fishing, even for things as simple as breaking down sticks. +1

+1 for fishing minigame, that is a good idea instead of wondering why the line breaks all the time you will be more in control, as for other minigames not necessary, wood chopping for example is repetitive work why minigame it? Even in Skyrim you just watch the dude chop up some wood and that's it. Also sometimes you just quickly want to gather some wood before your condition drops and run back fast.

well for instance, depending on how well you can do during the minigame, making harder and cleaner chops, the wood would take less time to cut. instead of getting a fir limb cut in 1 hour, say you do flawlessly on the minigame and that would reduce the time down to 30 minutes. i agree that it might get repetitive, but all the minigames would get repetitive after a while, i assume :P

well for instance, depending on how well you can do during the minigame, making harder and cleaner chops, the wood would take less time to cut. instead of getting a fir limb cut in 1 hour, say you do flawlessly on the minigame and that would reduce the time down to 30 minutes. i agree that it might get repetitive, but all the minigames would get repetitive after a while, i assume :P

Come on dude seriously, a wood chopping mini game have you ever chopped wood for real? it's not fun, yea you could say that it takes skill for chop faster but it's just this:

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... MwgfKAMwAw

Over and over again, how do you even minigame that. with button mashing again? it looks bad on the wolf fights now we should do it again for the wood? Could you at least purpose some nice idea how could it be fun I don't get it.

The idea with a minigame has to combined with something that gets harder as ur conditions worsen. As it is now, lighting a fire with 20% health left is just a passive thing. If it was a minigame that would get harder the cold u where, it would make sense. And u could even skip the minigame if ur health is 100%. Maybe a progressively harder minigame if ur health drops below 50%. Its a incentive to keep ur health high.

As a example, I often gather wood untill my health is around 50%...its not really something I would do in the real world. But in game its to easy to just take a safe bet and be more effective, just one night sleep and ur okey.

As a example, I often gather wood untill my health is around 50%...its not really something I would do in the real world. But in game its to easy to just take a safe bet and be more effective, just one night sleep and ur okey.

I donno about that. Anything above 3 hours in freezing state can get you hypothermia, which can set back you for days on the wood gathering and you can only get back to full health from 50% if you rest a lot like 12 hours or use the bed in trappers so I don't think you would survive for long in this situation, and why you gather so much wood you can't eat it there is so much to do now: Fishing, trapping, hunting and when you are stocked on food explore wood is everywhere you do not need to stock pile it, just explore and pick up the sticks you would not believe the amount you could get and it is free. I always keep 10 fir wood and 20 cedar for emergency and that's all also I stockpiled it during the whole week and have about 300 sticks or more which I placed somewhere I can't remember :)

Archived