Drive cars but need to fix some gas etc

Wolfman031

Dont know if this been said ( sorry if it have) but I get confused about The cars that stands along road... Why not put them to use by letting players find gas for it and maybe new wheel etc and some parts could be used as a survival material like for crafting something

I think vehicles being a source of materials for survival would be an interesting addition. (definitely not as a mode of transportation) The mind wanders with the possible survival items one could strip from the average vehicle. The vehicle's fuel is the most obvious resource, gasoline is a very powerful accelerant, and diesel fuel can be used in lanterns as a substitute for kerosene. Electrical wiring can be used as cordage for binding items together or even as thread or stitching if individual wires are stripped out of a strand. There are many many more involved things one can do with parts from a car or tractor if you have the know-how.

If for some reason the developers ever considered adding in some form of transportation I would say it should be dog sleds. Nothing mechanized at all...

I completely agree with Killjoy.

You can also harvest a good amount of cloth from the seats, inside of the roof, doors and trunk and of course the car itself is a huge hunk of scrap metal waiting to be harvested. But I already think we have way too much of both of these so I hope that doesn't get implemented.

The foam used in the seats could be used for isolation material.

You can sleep inside a car. Press tab and chose the place bedroll icon. I've been told this even works if you don't have a bedroll with you but have never tested that myself. Cars that are outside do get very cold though, so watch out when sleeping in them as you can easily freeze to death.

You can sleep inside a car. Press tab and chose the place bedroll icon. I've been told this even works if you don't have a bedroll with you but have never tested that myself. Cars that are outside do get very cold though, so watch out when sleeping in them as you can easily freeze to death.

This is true. I only found out about this from watching a Youtube video. I usually never carry a bedroll, so it was nice to find out I could sleep in the car without it.

Archived