Cure times for hides?

Simulacra

Its written in the items description, at least for the hides...

All I know is that the maple sapling(4 days I think) takes longer then the birch sapling(3 days I think) and that rabbit skin(3 days I think) takes less then deer hide, deer hide(4 days I think, same as guts) takes less then wolf hide(7 days I think) and bear skin takes the longest(12 days I think).

Each one tells you when examined. Examining is a thing you do before picking something up and is why two clicks are required to put things in inventory. Just click on one once while it is on the floor. Information will fade onto the screen. Read the text. Enjoy spinning the model. Right click if you want to leave it where it lies.

The description is the same as on the page to the right of the inventory when you click on an item.

Is that actually true now? I never even look at that part of the inventory except to see the clothing values and use the Action button. It wasn't always like that was it.

The description is the same as on the page to the right of the inventory when you click on an item.

Is that actually true now? I never even look at that part of the inventory except to see the clothing values and use the Action button. It wasn't always like that was it.

I think it was always like that, but don't quote me on that.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is:

A non cured hide wouldn't just weight half a kilo.

The last time I gutted a deer in RL the hide was fairly heavier ;)

...but that too depends on the overall weight of the individual animal, and has therefor nothing to do with a game...where every kind of animal gives you the same hide area...regardless of the actual weight of the animal...and therefor the same weight every time.

But you're right...the weight of a cured hide should be less than the weight of a non cured one.

• 1 month later...

I agree - cured hide should weight less than fresh one. Since limited capacity of carrying stuff around is always a constant problem, i'm always dissapointed when I realize once again, that curing (which by definition means removing water from hide) doesn't affect hide's weight.

• 4 weeks later...

So not realizing it I had been storing my deer and wolf hides in the workbench drawer thinking that since they were "inside" the cabin they would cure... now I realize I need to drop them on the floor. Does anyone know if I lost some days with them curing just because they were in the drawer? In other words as soon as they are dropped on the floor is that when the timer for curing really begins? They've been inside for like 7 days in a drawer.

Archived