DP steel drums...some should have oil/fuel

Loboloco

With All those oil drums loitering the landscape in DP at least some of the should be harvest-able for metal or more importantly ...OIL for lanterns. So you could travel to DP from other zones looking for fuel...even maybe refine some some to start cars ( a longer crafting at some point in the future ).

:geek:

I do like the idea of being able to harvest scrap and/or oil from some of the oil drums (though that wouldn't work as lantern fuel for the current storm lanterns - but I'm sure other uses could be added for it).

Note on cars: Regardless of getting your hands on gas for cars, they're not going to be able to start due to the geomagnetic storm that is the lore background of the game in the first place (and why nothing electronic works).

Note on cars: Regardless of getting your hands on gas for cars, they're not going to be able to start due to the geomagnetic storm that is the lore background of the game in the first place (and why nothing electronic works).

Diesel cars would work fine, and since a lot of utility vehicles use diesel (because there are no size constraints to diesel engines like there are with petrol engines) most of the vehicles you see in the game would be able to start. Because diesel engines are purely mechanical, and ignite simply via compression of the cylinder, you could push start a diesel car. HOWEVER, for the purposes of gameplay, I believe that ALL advanced technology doesn't work, the geomagnetic storm is simply a patsy.

Diesel cars would work fine, and since a lot of utility vehicles use diesel (because there are no size constraints to diesel engines like there are with petrol engines) most of the vehicles you see in the game would be able to start. Because diesel engines are purely mechanical, and ignite simply via compression of the cylinder, you could push start a diesel car. HOWEVER, for the purposes of gameplay, I believe that ALL advanced technology doesn't work, the geomagnetic storm is simply a patsy.

I agree it is more fun to just assume nothing advanced works. You are correct and a diesel shouldn't require electricity to run, however, most diesels made in the last several years still require electricity for several important systems including the fuel injection, electronic control units, sensors/metering etc. all of which require power.

Take it from me since I once ended up driving across country in a rental diesel moving van that had a malfunctioning alternator and it would only run a few hours at a time before being unable to keep it's electric systems going and the engine dying. Not fun at the time but I can laugh about it these days. :lol:

Perhaps collecting oil and refining it for a modified lantern. Thinking about cars ( bummer if they cant run ) we could siphon gas from their tanks for accelerant fuel.

Yes, siphon fuel from cars would be great, finding a garden hose would be all it takes.

I think the devs are already working on this because why else would you be able to open the fuel tank cap.

Archived