#2577 - v.265 Bear attack

oldZ54

Lost your gun or dropped your gun? Struggles with wildlife can cause items to be lost from inventory, but they should be placed on the ground near where you were mauled.

All items in inventory used to have a chance of taking damage during a mauling. If this is still true, your rifle could have broken. But you should still find it in inventory. Strange.

Duplicated? (Version 0.270)

Mauled by bear in Pleasant Valley after shooting it with the rifle. Survived with one bleeding wound but 7% life remaining. Dropped a flare and my rifle. Flare found on surface of ice. Rifle found with stock imbedded in ice. Both recovered with zero additional damage applied. All rounds still in magazine.

If force-dropped rifle alignment is random, perhaps yours is imbedded at a weirder angle and only a tiny slice is visible...

vgceRV.png

I had the exact same thing happen to me the other day playing on Pilgrim difficulty on the Desolation Point map (Xbox One).

I shot the bear with my rifle, it attacked me and I survived but lost my rifle. I was stood on the road so there wasn't much snow to hide it. I looked everywhere but it's definitely gone.

I always lure a bear next to a car or small fishing hut. I draw it towards me, shoot it in head, it of course it charges at me, but I quickly get in the car or small fishing hut, after the bear starts to walk away, I step out and have the bear turn towards, and then shoot it in the head with the second shot as it walks closer. It takes two shots to kill a bear, at least from my experience.

Archived