Initial Thoughts

Amazombie

Well first thing I did like most was make way to desolation point. Sadly they did not give us an option to start there, (edit: you can start there after you've visited. I was wrong on that. Thanks for pointing that out)

just as with the highway, so thats my first disappointment, If I do random thats a lot of tracking just to play there. The second thing I found the main building I think its called the factory? Anyhow, its the same frustration as the dam, you need light source to get thru it. I plan on exploring some more, maybe there are some cool places to set up as a base camp, but so far, its sadly below what I was hoping for. I was really hoping for some added crafting and tuning. While I know you can craft from this forge, i have yet to find in the dark, as its limited to only the one location I dont see that as much of an addition. On the upside, i got the update and it was not payed dlc, thats nice, I would have been upset had I spent money on this update.

Well first thing I did like most was make way to desolation point. Sadly they did not give us an option to start there, just as with the highway, so thats my first disappointment, If I do random thats a lot of tracking just to play there.

As with all new main maps, they unlock once you've visited it. Then you can select it from the starting menu... but you must discover the areas before they're open to you.

On the upside, i got the update and it was not payed dlc, thats nice, I would have been upset had I spent money on this update.

Just as a note, sandbox updates will remain free, as will the first season of story for those that purchased the game while it's in Early Access.

The game is beautiful with the updated textures, and I like some of the new sounds. Now it seems a bit loud in my headphones with so much going on at once, noise-wise, but I was used to 256 and its serene silence. xD

Mouse sensitivity seems to have increased a little, and I'm going to have to get used to that. Frame rate drops inside houses and gets a bit laggy. Also not sure I like the change in POV/FOV.

Wolf-fight difficulty! Hnnng, it has obviously been ratcheted up quite a bit. I am excellent at mashing the click button, but I died horribly in stalker because of that wolf, yo. ; u ;

First impressions are good, I shall explore thusly.

Archived