save game data files???

piddy3825

Sorry to hear that. The save files are located here:

PC>> C:\Users\(Computer Name)\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\The Long Dark

Mac>> Users/(Computer Name)/Library/Caches/Hinterland/The Long Dark

On PC the "Appdata" folder is typically hidden, so you'll have to change that in the settings to access it. PM me if you get it running and if not, I'll follow up for you to see what we can do.

Working on OS X here and unable to locate the Hinterland folder mentioned. Going to be wiping and reinstalling the OS on this machine and want to make sure I have a copy of my save game file.

Would the save file location change if I played via Steam? Have searched high and low on google and am simply unable to locate the save file for this game. I have enabled showing all files hidden or otherwise to no avail.

Please help!

Info from our tech forum -- This is the folder we pull save data from for debugging purposes on Mac (the folder we direct you to if we need your files):

For Mac, the debug log is written to: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Note that ~ above is your home folder (little house icon).

• 5 months later...
My saved game location is empty and clicking "Sandbox" doesn't do anything. Can't start a game; can't load a game. Help?

You may have a corrupted file. If you're on Steam go into the properties of the game and click "verify local cache". If it's a corrupt or missing file this should fix it.

Archived