New difficulty level request

SonoftheThrone

Please create a difficulty level that combines the PILGRIM gameplay together w/ the wolves attacking the player found in the other two difficulties. Again, that is the gameplay difficulty of PILGRIM coupled together w/ the animals attacking you on sight (found in VOYAGEUR/STALKER).

I enjoy everything about the PILGRIM difficulty, yet the clothing does not wear down enough to have to repair it as often as I'd like. The key comfort in the PILGRIM difficulty is that your environmental bars are not falling at an unmanageable rate. That is wonderful, yet there's no reason to use medical supplies because of the lack of personal injury (since the animals don't attack you).

1) Please recalculate the rate at which clothing degrades in quality (in order to encourage more frequent REPAIR of clothing on PILGRIM difficulty.

Why?

I never have to repair my clothes because they don't degrade, if at all. I repaired them once at the start of the game and they haven't degraded much if any since.

2) Please add the risk of the animals attacking you aggressively to the PILGRIM difficulty, present in the other difficulty levels.

Why?

PILGRIM doesn't give any reason to need to use any of your medical supplies due to the fact that injuries almost never happen. Simply adding aggressive animal behavior across the board (and/or creating a modified, fourth "beginner" difficulty would address this issue).

Sincerely,

SonoftheThrone

100% agree. I've been calling this idea "Pilgrim PLUS mode".

I love everything about the way the fatigue/cold/hunger/thirst bars work in Pilgrim, I just want that tiny bit of added danger from wildlife.

I currently call Pilgrim "realistic" mode, because the bars seem to be degrading at a reasonable real-life rate, and wolves dont attack you. Just like real life.

That said, I do like the idea of the complication of wolves getting defensive around kills, or a bear attacking you because it smells the deer you just shot.

100% agree. I've been calling this idea "Pilgrim PLUS mode".

I love everything about the way the fatigue/cold/hunger/thirst bars work in Pilgrim, I just want that tiny bit of added danger from wildlife.

I currently call Pilgrim "realistic" mode, because the bars seem to be degrading at a reasonable real-life rate, and wolves dont attack you. Just like real life.

That said, I do like the idea of the complication of wolves getting defensive around kills, or a bear attacking you because it smells the deer you just shot.

+1

NOTE: Please check out my proposal for coop play. I recently explained the mechanics of how it would work. I would appreciate your support on that post, if would you be so kind. I clearly outlined how the game saves would work, the passage of time, ect.

God bless and thanks for the support!

Sincerely,

SonoftheThrone

Thanks for the feedback on the experience modes. It's always intriguing to see how different players interpret their differences. After many months of mostly Stalker, I've been playing a lot of Voyageur lately.

It really changes the kinds of stories that emerge from the game. Or maybe I've changed in response to what I've already accomplished in the different mode? Interesting question. ;)

Well you old-timers have probably mastered all the tricks of the game and know all the best paths to travel. I like the idea of a mode for exploration since becoming familiar with your maps is key for any chance at survival in Voyageur or Stalker mode. There is much that can be done to achieve balance of resources but it's very haphazard if relying only upon subjective anecdotes. It is entirely feasible to gather data from a large number of players of various skill and experience levels. Ideally this is a game that is not too hard to start but maintains a high level of challenge for many days of play. What I'm saying is that things could always get progressively harder in the game. Balancing and tuning!!

Archived