September Update

ridankrad

In addition to a new map, is there anything else that can be confirmed content-wise for this month's update? I'm guessing that most things are kept under wraps until the update is released, but since it was revealed there will be a new map I figure it can't hurt to try. ;)

Also, will there be an update video like with the July update? Personally, I really like having that as opposed to just an update log since I think a video like that does a better job of highlighting new features.

Finally, to everyone: What new features are you hoping for in this next update? I know there's already a thread discussing what the new map will be, so this question is more to discuss other things that the August update may bring.

What new features are you hoping for in this next update? I know there's already a thread discussing what the new map will be, so this question is more to discuss other things that the August update may bring.

Mainly bolt cutters, fire axe, .357 revolver, car battery use/electricity/aurora event (to power on the large electrical feature of the new map if nothing else, if rumors are true and it exists), dogs, and I can't think of anything else at the moment.

What new features are you hoping for in this next update? I know there's already a thread discussing what the new map will be, so this question is more to discuss other things that the August update may bring.

Mainly bolt cutters, fire axe, .357 revolver, car battery use/electricity/aurora event (to power on the large electrical feature of the new map if nothing else, if rumors are true and it exists), dogs, and I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Nothing has been confirmed/announced yet, but time will surely tell.

• 5 weeks later...

The update is here!

I've only had time to play the update just about an hour so far, so I haven't gotten to try out the metal crafting yet or explore the new map (I did watch the video for the update and it looks really cool from what I saw there; gotta get over there soon).

I did take some time to arrange my stash of items using the new mechanic that allows items to be placed on shelves, etc. It's a small touch but I love it! As far as I can tell, it doesn't look like you can hang things from the weapon racks (yet), but I'm hoping that gets added eventually. It makes no difference to gameplay, but I just love little details like that.

I can see why it took time to release this update. In addition to a whole new map, I can tell they put a lot of effort into refining the weather and overall "look" of the game. I'm holed up in Trapper's and now the interior just looks sharper. I haven't had time to go on an adventure somewhere yet to really test if weather is less random, but I did notice that clear days really are clear now, and I watched one sunrise which is even more stunning than before.

One feature I hope they will implement soon is the multiple character slots.

You got your wish, elloco. :)

Archived