Making deer hide boots

gwwagner48

I made deer hide boots and pants. I went to put them on and it says "in Progress" and I cannot put them on. So I figure, it will take additional time than the 12 hours that I spent at the table. I have let the boots :? and pants lie on the floor for well over a week and nothing has happened. So I think I need to stay in the cabin while they are being crafted. No luck. I cannot even harvest them to start over. What am I doing wrong. I have waited for a game like this for over 20 years and I am having a ball, but I am 75 years old and I can't wait forever for these items. Please help

Hey there! No worries -- If the pants say they're "in Progress", they just need a bit more time at the crafting table. Make sure you pick them up so they're in your inventory and then return to the table to complete the boots and pants. Once they're complete, you'll be able to equip them!

Also, nicely done! Acquiring the materials and crafting items like that is no easy task. So glad to see you're not only enjoying the game, but thriving.

Welcome to the community!

Bethany,

I have tried this but did it again to be sure. I have e.g., the boots in my inventory, I go to the table, bring up the boot's page (the bar has a small amount filled in), I have the sewing kit (it's not asking for any other tools) and enter 8 hours to work. I press "A" and get "Insufficient materials for crafting" error. I feel I am doing something wrong which is well within my capacity to do so. Appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks

Hey there, what's happening is

1) You had enough materials to make the boots, so you started them.

2) You didn't finish them, as Bethany said, and so you had the "in progress" boots, and some leftover deer hides and gut (the amount of those will be less than the total amount), that you haven't used up yet.

3) You did all the things you said, putting the boots on the ground, etc, AND (this is the important part) you somehow removed the extra hides and gut for your inventory.

4) When you now go back to the screen, it's telling you that you need those leftover hides and gut. Notice that the number required will be less than 2 hide and 4 gut (the numbers needed to make the boots outright).

So just gather up the remaining necessary supplies and finish them. You're close!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived