Just had an interesting encounter...

EternityTide

... with a four legged canid that was not a wolf.

It was a dun brown/grey colour, and it barked and woofed. It did not resemble the wolves in any way.

It was also a lot more timid, and ran away the moment I lit my flare, rather than doing the whole "staring you down" thing that the wolves do. When I pursued it to take a good photo, it ran away.

No screenshot I'm afraid, as I only thought of doing so by the time it had ran away from my flare.

So. Has Hinterland added feral dogs?

just outside of the camp office. I exited the building and a light wind was blowing, and I was going to go out onto the lake to do some fishing when I heard some barking to my left. I turned, and lo and behold, this dun-coloured animal was sprinting towards me, barking and growling like a dog. It was smaller than a wolf and its coat was far lighter than any wolf I'd ever seen before. And as I said, it was very timid. The moment I lit my flare, it ran away, and when I started following it to take a photo, it kept running.

... with a four legged canid that was not a wolf.

It was a dun brown/grey colour, and it barked and woofed. It did not resemble the wolves in any way.

It was also a lot more timid, and ran away the moment I lit my flare, rather than doing the whole "staring you down" thing that the wolves do. When I pursued it to take a good photo, it ran away.

No screenshot I'm afraid, as I only thought of doing so by the time it had ran away from my flare.

So. Has Hinterland added feral dogs?

Well,I must admit,that I had today in my game also a strange encounter.It was in orchard field at Farmstead,Pleasant Valley.I spotted a deer and in distance a wolf.I chased deer towards wolf.First of all,what I noticed,was that he didn`t bark,when he spotted deer,as wolves in game ussually do,but he just ran after her.And that wolf seemed to me quite big one.Then i sneaked up him from behind,trying to get wolf/deer combo.When I approached him to 5 m,most strange thing happened,I could ever imagine.I aimed with bow,but I missed him for wholle meter,somehow.And this wolf just walked away from deer,squealing! I never ever hear wolf untill now to squeal.It is weird,that he didn`t pay attention on me at all.And I wasn`t wearing wolf coat.He was simply walking away,squealing.

If I remind myself,how he was looking...well,his pelt was dark black,covered with silver grey hair.I still am pretty sure that this was a wolf,as i could see him from 5m distance,but to be 100% sure,that I cannot be.Maybe my imagination played with my mind,but at least his behavior was really odd.

There are 4. The fourth one was pretty good, but the story could have done with some work, and the world needed to be bigger. The play style of the first three was great, but the graphics, although good for the time, are now well behind. The fourth one could have been tidied up a bit, I reckon, but it's still pretty good.

I was initially introduced to the Thief franchise through its fourth iteration... As much as the die hard thief fans will hate me for saying this, my favourite remains the fourth one.

It's just more immersive in my opinion. I grew up after the "90s" generation, so I've never really experienced the graphics improvement over time (my actual gaming experience only started around 5 years ago). Unfortunately today's graphics have made it difficult for me to fully appreciate older games, even if they have better and more original stories.

I don't hate you :)

I grew up in the 90s and it's pretty much impossible to comprehend the amount of brain melting Thief induced in '98 if you didn't experience it then. It was the birth of stealth. Happy times.

Also, part of the huge dongle Thief has is due to the TTLG forums and the community back then and amazing players like Lytha.

So no hating, just the fact that you did a Thief marathon makes you legit :lol:

I grew up in the 90s and it's pretty much impossible to comprehend the amount of brain melting Thief induced in '98 if you didn't experience it then. It was the birth of stealth. Happy times.

I was one year old and learning how to climb out of my cot in '98. I doubt I even grasped what the concept of a computer was at that time.

There are 4. The fourth one was pretty good, but the story could have done with some work, and the world needed to be bigger. The play style of the first three was great, but the graphics, although good for the time, are now well behind. The fourth one could have been tidied up a bit, I reckon, but it's still pretty good.

We will have to agree to disagree. :) I was so disappointed with the 4th one. The story was boring and didn't make sense. The characters were unlikable. The factions were non-existent. The stealth mechanics were ridiculous (one of the guards went back to patrolling with an arrow still sticking out of his head). The levels were linear and cramped. No jumping. There were boss fights (seriously?). Only one or two paths forward; completely on the rails. They basically took everything that made the first three games amazing and threw it out. It felt like an arcade game.

That's my rant. Haha. Back on topic. I love the fact that the developers of this game keep sneaking random stuff in. Like when fluffy was introduced. People thought they were safe inside. Haha.

Archived