The new look is kinda....

Espiritdecorp

Well its half and half honestly...

Thanks to this new update were introduced to a few new things most of which were good, well honestly in my opinion all of it was good

I like the new mechanic for foraging especially. It makes it more immersive then what it was before. And its nice to make more room indoors for curing items.

I wont touch on the wolf attack stuff since there are quite a few people who already gave a good opinion on this (myself included) I made a post all about what i think it should include so well skip that for this post

As for the new look of the first aid page I.... dont like that...

It looked so much better the way it was. Using the first aid bag and having each first aid object highlighted when needed/if available. i liked that look much more then the one they have now cause it added a bit more immersion then the new one dose. Although it may be less confusing as it is now (i guess?).

This is all my opinion but im interested to hear what others think as well? Are the changes good or should they be back to what they were, or at least some parts anyway?

I'm struggling with the new first aid UI, too. I liked the previous one because it looked like what you might actually expect to see when opening up your pack. The new layout is confusing at first and then disappointingly button-clicky once you figure it out.

I'm also not wild about the new visuals for the wolves and rabbits (haven't seen deer or bear up close yet). Something about the new textures makes them look very obviously "digital" to me in a way that they didn't before, and I don't feel that they fit the style of the environment as well anymore.

I'm struggling with the new first aid UI, too. I liked the previous one because it looked like what you might actually expect to see when opening up your pack. The new layout is confusing at first and then disappointingly button-clicky once you figure it out.

I'm also not wild about the new visuals for the wolves and rabbits (haven't seen deer or bear up close yet). Something about the new textures makes them look very obviously "digital" to me in a way that they didn't before, and I don't feel that they fit the style of the environment as well anymore.

Yea thats what I thought to. Before it looked nice and made it more immersive like i said before. Although it made me dread having to open it up, it was still nice to see that it looked like a real medical pack.

As for the wolves I cant say i have been close enough to them to really get a good look (that or I havent noticed it myself). But in honesty the graphics don't bother me to much since its kinda going for its own look in a way. Though like i said in a previous note there are a few bugs that pop up but its not that big of a deal lol.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying the wolves look more "digital" in V.256.

Most of their movement animations are way more natural now than they were in V.200. The Devs did a really good job to imitate the movement patterns of real wolves (lower head position as well as leg coordination while walking and trotting) in my opinion. But I have to admit that their sprinting animation looks a bit odd indeed - presumably because they lift their forelegs a bit too high when running.^^

Anyway, regarding the wolf model itself the body shape & proportions are much better now than before in my opinion. The eyes (which were formerly just two yellow dots) now have a decent pupil+iris model and even the teeth look quite realistic. ;)

I would love it if it if the Devs could add some different fur and eye colors, though. I know that timber wolves can have blue eyes and a fur pattern similar to an Australian shepherd dog (well, inverse Australian shepherd to be precise), but having some brown-eyed and completely black or grey specimen would be a nice variation for sure.^^

Edit:

Added two screenshots for those who never watched the new model thoroughly from close distance.^^

close-up_dead.thumb.jpg.1d8ce03f72535484

alive.thumb.jpg.6fb111e48920b7380195b873

Archived