More obvious climable ledges

DrMembrane

Dear Devs,

One thing I've found I'd have trouble with is that it can be difficult to tell what things I can walk up and what gradients and ledges are impassible, like it took me a while to figure out the tree that lets you get into the boxcar in mystery lake because all the other downed trees are un-walkable. Hope I explained this well enough.

No, sorry I phrased that badly, what I mean isn't I ant more ledges to be cliable, but that the ones that can be climbed to be more obviously distinct from the ledges and downed trees just there for decoration.

I'm a little confused. You can't jump or climb. There are slightly raised areas you can step on or over, but they're not high enough that you would consider this climbing. Is this what you were referring to?

Not sure I want it, but he's asking for some visual cue to make it a bit clearer that you can actually climb up onto something. I too only figured you could walk onto the tree limb by seeing someone do it on YouTube. After you try a few times, you figure it's not something you can interact with any more.

I've had a similar hard time figuring out how high of a step the character can make. There a little ledges and ice shelves everywhere and you never can tell which ones you'll step right up onto and which ones are too high or will get you stuck. One time I almost "ledged" myself because I stepped out onto a rock and couldn't go back the way I came for a good five minutes of jiggling the mouse pointer.

Not sure I want it, but he's asking for some visual cue to make it a bit clearer that you can actually climb up onto something. I too only figured you could walk onto the tree limb by seeing someone do it on YouTube. After you try a few times, you figure it's not something you can interact with any more.

I've had a similar hard time figuring out how high of a step the character can make. There a little ledges and ice shelves everywhere and you never can tell which ones you'll step right up onto and which ones are too high or will get you stuck. One time I almost "ledged" myself because I stepped out onto a rock and couldn't go back the way I came for a good five minutes of jiggling the mouse pointer.

Agreed, it can get really obnoxious trying to wiggle out of a place that in reality I could just lift my foot two inches higher and be free. I was stuck for nearly six in game hours on a tiny little ice patch on the way up to the Lookout. If I dropped lower, I'd break an ankle if not do more serious harm but I couldn't climb my way around anywhere else. I wouldn't mind a SMALL jump or climb mechanic. I don't want to see people Skyrim-ing their way up a mountain but those tiny notches are garbage.

First tree, derailment. Big open door... Fairly natural. Nope, experimentation is good, maybe not with a bear curiously walking towards you, but hey if it worked, it would have been a great hunting spot. I did find if odd to be able to climb over a bunch of logs on coastal, but not a small shift in the snow however. Big orange indicators on what's climbable... no thanks.

Archived