Co-op anyone?! :D

Juju

There are not many good quality co-op friendly games any more. I had always enjoying going to a friend's house and picking up a second controller and having a blast with an epic two-player experience.

Also, I think that it is a very realistic and fun idea to add 2 player Co-op to the game! There are multiple corpses of survivors laying about so that means that many people were lost around the same time, so there is a good possibility that two people could have worked together to survive. In addition, it is always a good idea to have a partner when you are going hunting or camping for obvious reasons, and it would make the game more realistic.

the buddy system could have many benefits, but also have its burdens. For example you and your friend could split up and search for resources in half the time it could take you by yourself, or if you sprain your ankle or get injured your friend could help drag you to safety. However, you will have to be careful about resources and food because of more mouths to feed or being slowed down by an injured comrade.

Another fun detail would be the interactions between the two survivors. In the single player game your person talks to themselves which reminds the player if they are cold, hungry etc. If there was going to be co-op, the second survivor could comment on the other player occasionally saying stuff like, "You're looking sick there, eh? or "Quit complaining and keep moving!" or even "Oi! go get me a first-aid kit!"

but hey, im not complaining - this game is amasing! I am truly proud to see a Canadian game company make such a beautiful and fun game! Keep up the good work you guys and gals at Hinterlands!

I completely agree with you I want it to be co-op because me an love it and want to play it together so much I think the talking to each other is a very cool idea one thing I think should happen is spawning in different places though because that might make it more realistic like one of you could spawn at train wreck and the other randomly

I just purchased the Xbox One version along with my buddy and god would an online multiplayer or split screen co-op be awesome. I would recommend 1-4 player co-op online and 1-2 players local, that way 2 different locations could have 2 players each split screening and would add a whole new perspective to this already awesomely addictive game. Hinterland, keep up the good work breaking the mold of survival games.

I personally would not want a co-op mode or any form of multiplayer as it is the isolation that makes the game real and edgy for me.

I can see why others would like it so I could see it being added as it would be optional. I would just choose solo play only.

So... Besides having the idea of a coop mode, have you thought about the implementation? With that I mean the huge issues with syncing your game with your partner.

Time lapse is a huge part of the game, what is your idea when one of you goes fishing or sleeping? What will happen so you don't have to wait 8 hours ingame before you can play again because your partner is still awake and doing stuff?

I would like to see some clever idea's.

Co-op? Think about it - I would rather call it deathmatch!

Two or more players in the same small universe with very scarce ressources. That is just more mouths to feed.

I would think the winner is often the person who first finds a gun.

Would you dare to leave your base, just to find it looted when you return?

Would you even dare to go to sleep?

:twisted:

Co-op? Think about it - I would rather call it deathmatch!

Two or more players in the same small universe with very scarce ressources. That is just more mouths to feed.

I would think the winner is often the person who first finds a gun.

Would you dare to leave your base, just to find it looted when you return?

Would you even dare to go to sleep?

:twisted:

Exactly, who wants that kind of aggravation...

Co-op and multiplayer have been suggested many times, and the Hinterland staff stated even more times that it's not something they are planning to add in TLD. Managing third-person view models, time-lapse actions and so on would be a demanding task, and personally I would rather see them focusing on the mechanics and story development.

If you want to check a few threads about this topic, there are many of them.

Multiplayer could be a good idea for console . For example theres a multiplayer/split screen option to find at the main menu on xbox one when you launch the game right next to story mode, sandbox, options ECT. You click on multiplayer and you can play split screen with a friend and either work together to survive or battle for survival. When you go to Load game there would be a Load Sandbox and a Load Split screen option so you can have a single player and a split screen for you and a friend to play on. Please reply if you support this or you don't think this should be added. :)

I think that the Long Dark should have multiplayer so that you and your friends can survive together. You would be able to give and trade with each other.

Many people agree with you and many other don't. But the fact remains that the current mechanisms don't lend themselves for multiplayer and changing those mechanisms so multiplayer is possible would mean changing the whole game in such a way that it is a completely different game. That's just not going to happen.

Archived