Bug Achievements, after patch v.244

Shonuff

Greetings! I am greatly enjoying your game. I have a small issue, though. My achievements are not updating. I play on Voyageur difficulty. My last play through I died at 49 days and was cursing because I wanted the 50 day achievement; but then noticed, upon further inspection that I did not receive the 20, 30 or 40 day achievement. This is confusing, because, at some point, I did receive the 5 day, 10 day, 15 day and night walker achievements.

Fast forward to today; after starting a new sandbox game, on Voyageur difficulty, I have now survived 23 days; yet I still have not received the 20 day achievement. Is there a way to reset my achievements or a workaround?

I do recall that both this game and the 49 day, spanned across updates. Could that have something to do with it?

• 2 weeks later...

I resolved my issue!

After going to the properties of the game, on Steam, I verified the integrity of the game cache. I had two corrupt files which were replaced. After the files were replaced, I loaded my current game. I was on day 26 and my achievements updated after I slept again. I received the 20 day achievement. I then went on to survive until the 30 day and Steam awarded me the 30 day achievement.

So the short of it is, the game files must have gotten corrupt along the line and achievements quit updating. Once the game cache was verified and new files replaced the corrupt ones, achievements were allowed to be awarded on the current game.

• 3 months later...

I'm currently having this problem. I'm going to try verifying the game cache.

EDIT: I did that, but the files were fine and I still have this issue. I'm up to day 26 and I haven't been awarded the achievement for 20 days (but 5, 10, and 15 yes, including the starry sky one).

After a new patch v.244 can be problem with achievements on steam. I didn't get achievements after patch and i saw others people have the same problem. Please check this out.

2 days ago I get achievement for survive 1, 2, and 5 days. After patch i survive 10 days a i didn't get achievements.

Merged Threads: I've moved and combined a number of topic threads scattered across the forum since they were all about the same issue, and this thread also contained starting areas to try in order to possibly help correct the problem for others.

I'm also experiencing issues with achievements including the 40 and 50 day ones. As soon as my steam achievements stopped working, my times also stopped posting to the leaderboards (not surprising since they're both steam things). In case it's useful for the devs, I actually started having these problems with update 243 but they persisted with 244. I tried three times for these achievements without success. Each time I checked the integrity of my game cache and it was fine. I also reinstalled the game between each try. For my last try I actually deleted my Hinterland save directory under AppData/LocalLow.

By the way this is an awesome game!

I might have some useful bug tracking info, as achievements just got fixed for me:

• Playing on PC (Steam)
  • Windows 7
  • Voyageur diff.
  • What's written below happened today, june 23rd

Bought the game a couple days ago (3 to be exact), no achievements - I see this is a current bug, don't mind it much, I keep playing.

I reach day 12 still not a single achievement.

Then I reload a folder with a savegame from a couple hours earlier - yeah I know, unsportsmanlike, but I didn't die or anything, just wasted time on silly stuff. I rename the current folder from "The Long Dark" to something else, rename the earlier savefolder to "The Long Dark" (in \AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland), fire up the game, and BAM! All the achievements I'm eligible for update on steam

An interesting sidenote; in this playthrough I never suffered a sprained ankle once, but within half an hour of playing, after the achievements updated, I managed to get 3 (!) sprained ankles. It definetely feels like sprained ankles and achievements were added to the game simultaneously for me, lol.

I keep playing, shut the game down, open back up, reach day 15 and 20, achievements still working fine for me.

Now if you patched, and I didn't notice, sry! But I can't see anything saying that this problem is officially fixed. So there you go, hope this helps narrow down the problem. If you guys need more info from me, let me know.

Archived