Fade into the long dark

Maikleeps

I just faded into the long dark and don't really know why? I stayed indoor, health at 67% percent. Didn't eat anything raw for 3 game hours - same with water. Before going to bed I ate enough (up to 2.500 kcal) and drank up as much as I could. I was dressed with clothes in bad condition but I was dressed with the same clothes the night before too. Can I find out why I faded into the long dark? I'm a bit sad as I don't see what I did wrong :(

Maybe you can figure it out if you look at the log, it's in ...\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\The Long Dark. Easiest way to get there, press win + r, type "%appdata%" without the quotes, press enter, that will open an explorer window at ...\AppData\Roaming, press backspace and you're in ...\AppData. From there it's straightforward. You can find all your logs there.

If the log doesn't help, we might need a bit more information. It could depend on which building you were in, and whether or not you were freezing before you went to sleep. It's quite possible you froze to death as you slept.

Additionally to the information I gave above, I was neither freezing, nor hungry or thirsty. Even fatigue was alright. I wore rugged clothes and stayed in the quonset gas station. Maybe I froze to death as I slept in the bed which has no warmth bonus.

I can't give you much more details :-(

I wasn't at home yet to check out the log files.

Maybe you can figure it out if you look at the log, it's in ...\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\The Long Dark. Easiest way to get there, press win + r, type "%appdata%" without the quotes, press enter, that will open an explorer window at ...\AppData\Roaming, press backspace and you're in ...\AppData. From there it's straightforward. You can find all your logs there.

I had a look into the last log file. Last entry before "Twilight: You faded into The Long Dark..." is "Twilight: Freezing". So I suppose the reason for fading into the long dark is clear :-(

I had a look into the last log file. Last entry before "Twilight: You faded into The Long Dark..." is "Twilight: Freezing". So I suppose the reason for fading into the long dark is clear :-(

So Bethany called it :) Good thing an update is coming soon, something to look forward to :)

So Bethany called it :) Good thing an update is coming soon, something to look forward to :)

I'm clairvoyant! But not really.

Here's that update!

That's the annoying thing about the Quansethad station bed. The room temp is below freezing, and the bed gives zero warmth bonus. Gotta sleep with some clothes on or you're in trouble. Or just set up in one of the Coastal Houses across the street. They are above freezing even naked, and the bed gives a hefty warmth bonus to boot.

That's the annoying thing about the Quansethad station bed. The room temp is below freezing, and the bed gives zero warmth bonus. Gotta sleep with some clothes on or you're in trouble. Or just set up in one of the Coastal Houses across the street. They are above freezing even naked, and the bed gives a hefty warmth bonus to boot.

This is an option. However it is so handy as there is everything you need at the gas station.

Archived