Moving out corpses from houses.

Oywin

As a roleplayer, it bothers me to share an indoor area with a corpse... I wanna throw them out!

I'd imagine that in reality that's what people would do. Both because it probably smells bad to have them inside, and because it's eerie to try to sleep in a room with a dead guy in it - no matter how little you believe in zombies.

What I'd like to see in some future update is an ability to carry a corpse outside.

Be it either through manually carrying them outside, or by some TAB-menu choice like foraging, but more like... "cleaning".

Would anyone else like to see this?

(I made the same topic over at the Steam Community as well, before coming here, and it quickly got pretty positive feedback: http://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/0/613956964578232375/)

You know I actually feel the same way man. I think at this point I've come to accept the bodies though and they are my equivalent of "Wilson" from cast away. Its just you and the body man, he's your only friend...for more info on that youtube "salad fingers". One of the episodes is like what I'm talking about here.

Yeah u would need a hatchet (not a knife), and then u chop a corpse into pieces of meat, like you do with a caribou, then u get the meat in your inventory and you go outside and drop the meat. Also the meat from a dead body cant be eaten or cooked.

This way its something you can do but it will take effort and tools, so its not something you can do from the beginning. Then once a dead corpse has been removed you get the bonus of being able to sleep better. Maybe in a room with a dead body your condition goes up when you are sleeping but only slightly.

Maybe you can get sick and throws up, which causes you to get thirsty.

I hate cannibalism, but i also hate sleeping in a room with a lulzy corpse.

Bear Grylls would make friend with a dead cold lulzy corpse in a life or death situation

i read your signature ;)

Bear Grylls would eat a corps for the ratings.

Right now, everything in a house is static: beds, chair, coffee tables, broken furniture, corpses...

As soon as the devs let us start moving things around, then I think being able to evict the corpse would happen in short order. At the very least, we should be able to pick them up (and become encumbered) and then haul them somewhere.

It would be another nice option to burn the corpses. Drop a few logs on them and burn them like kings of old. At least we could remove the chance for diseases. When it start to thaw out things are going to get nasty.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just let him rest in peace he was there before yall were. Your lucky he ain't throwing yall out and trying to eat you guys in the process just draw a line down the center of the room and let him know not to cross it and if he does talk to the landlord about evicting him +1 (:

Archived