What is your favorite map and most stunning map?

TWMountain

Hello everyone, I am preparing a new program for my channel, so I would like to conduct a survey. What, in your opinion, constitutes excellent map design? On which map was it applied? What is your favorite map, and which map left the strongest impression on you when you first played it?

• Upvote 1

The maps that I believe to be the most excellent are those of which have a goal, or reason to travel to. Ex, TWM with the summit, HRV with signal fire, etc. 

Visually practically every map in the game has its own beauties. I have been very impressed with the unique building/cabins in the far territory. For example, Mindful Cabin has to be my favorite cabin (design/location) wise in the game. 

Sundered Pass has to be the most “breathtaking” map for me. The initial adventure through the mountains just to get to the region and the opening view are insane. The giant valley below, and the treacherous road were a shock first time visiting. 

However there is one map for me which hits all the marks.

Ash Canyon. It showcases much of hinterlands “modern” map design. New more detailed textures, new assets such as the burned trees and rope bridges, the towering cliffs, it’s absolutely stunning. The “design” of the map being the trek to the gold mine was very clever and I think perfectly balanced the idea of exploration, challenge, etc. Not to mention the music that they composed for the region, absolutely chilling and grand. The area surrounding Anglers Den has some of my favorite terrain in the game. Surrounded by sheer cliffs, I just feel so secluded. The river, and surrounding trees and hills bring me to the edge of my seat every time. Similar to Sundered Pass the region had an amazing first impression (if you go from the ravine in TWM) with the wide open burned forest. Ash Canyon, and in my opinion the update of which brought Ash Canyon (Hesitant Prospect I believe) is one of the greatest updates to the game ever. Definitely one of the games highest, and most exciting times!

Edited by theisaactrain
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 4

Very hard to choose but ı always enjoy spending time in Coastal Highway and Mystery Lake so they are my favourites. I love the old maps of TLD.
But ı must say new maps are more breathtaking and stunning. So Ash Canyon and Sundered Pass are unique and amazing scenes.

Finally Desolation Point has very beautiful Lighthouse and Rıken and living there with sunny weather and sound of sea makes me peaceful (on pilgrim for me)

• Like 1

For me, Forsaken Airfield is the most stunning. The view across Shoulder Lake from the cottage balcony always stops me in my tracks. It's incredible.

My favourite region is probably Mystery Lake. It's home, of course, but also I am impressed by how much is going on in a relatively small area. The fact that I am still getting lost and discovering new things in ML show what a brilliantly-designed level it is. All without feeling level-designed at all, just feeling like a very believable place.

• Upvote 1

Sundered Pass. Hands down.

It’s remote; challenging; renewable resource heavy; has *fantastic* shelter capacities adjacent to both hub regions (the Cave System and Transfer Pass); lovely and diverse spaces to build safe houses; synergistic potential with the other Regions of the Far Territories …

Sure. It’s cold as anything. But if you like a challenge, hunting in the deep woods, ice fishing? This is the place. 

Ash Canyon and Blackrock are close runners up … though Blackrock’s biggest downfall, for me, anyhow, is the complete lack of fishing opportunity.

Edited by The Feng Hunter
Elucidation
  • Like 1

My favorite map has always been pv...   I love the openness of it,and I think it has just the right mix of natural and man made structures.. I think because I started playing tld when episode 3 came out that it holds a special place in my heart...

Maybe it doesn't have the most stunning views but it has its moments,as does many parts of most maps...  Bleak inlet has a gorgeous view early morning where you can watch the sun rise above the radio tower.. twm has the summit ,  there are so many stunning views that it's kind of hard to pick one but the porch of pv farm on an early sunny morning makes me feel like I'm truly home

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

I think every map shows good map design. They all have their own character, which I love. That said-

My favorite map always has been and likely always will be Desolation Point. It's a very personal and sentimental attachment for me.

Tied for most stunning: Ash Canyon, Hushed River Valley, and Sundered Pass. All stunning in their own ways, not just for the views (there are stunning views in every region).

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2

On 9/24/2024 at 10:07 AM, CarlaRis said:

I usually limit my gameplay area to only three regions. I see it that way, i have no favourite map, but my favourite arena is Timberwolf Mountain-Ash Canyon-Blackrock.

Forsaken Airfield is growing on me lately, though.

Yes, I am in love with two super warm cabins at the forsaken airfiled now, one is located on the cove, and the other is Mindfulness cabin.you kown.🪓🐺❄️

• Upvote 1