Sundered Pass broke me

On 8/4/2024 at 4:41 PM, The Feng Hunter said:

Pleasant Valley? Really?

Blackrock is comparable and the map is infinitely more interesting. Plus, Keepers Pass (without the Wolves) regularly gets down to -35°C and has Blizzards.

Yes, really.

PV has higher blizzard frequency than any other region.

https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Pleasant_Valley#Overview

-t

Edited by turtle777

On 8/7/2024 at 6:47 AM, Leeanda said:

I do think BlackRock has an equally high chance of blizzards as PV,but pvs are known for being notoriously long and back to back 

True. Though I will say, the Blizzards in Sundered Pass can last for a solid 18 hours. I had a pair yesterday that went 18 hours, downtime of 6-7 hours, and then another 14 hours. The dry ingredients (Flour, Oats, &c) are SO clutch in this region for this reason.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, The Feng Hunter said:

True. Though I will say, the Blizzards in Sundered Pass can last for a solid 18 hours. I had a pair yesterday that went 18 hours, downtime of 6-7 hours, and then another 14 hours. The dry ingredients (Flour, Oats, &c) are SO clutch in this region for this reason.

I haven't spent too much time there really,but what time I have been there the issue has been the wind..odd considering I have wind variability on low.blizzards I don't remember having very often ,and the same with auroras and (thankfully) glimmer fog..

• Upvote 1

I have seen blizzards in Sundered Pass that were quite prolonged.  I am not surprised, anymore, when a blizzard that started early in the night lasts through dawn and into the evening.  It might be a bit better if I could more easily hear the blizzard like when I am in the Last Lonely House.  

Impractical but if I am to run into more of these very long blizzards, I would not be unhappy to have a pass time setting "until the blizzard abates" after all I can always stop pass time if I have to.  🙄

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

I would not be unhappy to have a pass time setting "until the blizzard abates" after all I can always stop pass time if I have to.

LOL, and you wake up dead. 18 hours with no water, and possibly no food. No bueno.

-t

Good point about dehydration and starvation though, since I am in Pilgrim, such things would not worry me, but in higher difficulties that would be a serious consideration against such a setting in Passing Time.  It was a thought more for my convenience.  The minimal (can't say complete lack of sound) for a blizzard outside a place like Last Lonely House make just setting eight hours to Pass Time kind of a waste since the blizzard can almost silently abate.  But I just have to cope with that fact.