No CDs?

19 minutes ago, Pyroxene said:

I have not experienced the 80s. I have only read a little bit on Wikipedia about it. Life without CDs is for me unfathomable.

Really?    How about before mobile phones, decent gaming platforms, or even any consoles lol...  Not even remotes for the TVs...

The house I grew up in had no central heating,double glazing and it was cold in winter, 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Really?    How about before mobile phones, decent gaming platforms, or even any consoles lol...  Not even remotes for the TVs...

The house I grew up in had no central heating,double glazing and it was cold in winter, 

Sounds like my house ... I have no wall insulation 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Pyroxene said:

Sounds like my house ... I have no wall insulation 

Ours didn't either.. just two small gas fires ..   I think it was actually warmer in the dens we made in the snow drifts😁

3 hours ago, KingFuzz said:

I see what you did there. Hilarious

I’ve been waiting for someone to comment on that 🤣

@Pyroxene We still had walkmans and cassette tapes and pay phones, it wasn’t that much different.  
Except you had to read actual books and go to the library if you wanted to learn something.  None of this instant gratification google and Wikipedia search….

Funny thing is, I appreciate the simplicity of it more now than I ever did as a kid, and even now I’d appreciate pushing back into the 40’s and 50’s.  A simple life has only a few things to stress about, kinda like this game.  

In TLD we just need to worry about something to eat and a warm place to sleep, and I imagine that’s what draws so many of us in…

• Upvote 2

Well in Sweden we were still using cassette tapes in the 1990 and the 2000s. But CDs came around 1990, I think. I have also played some jazz vinyl discs on my Dad's audio station.

On 5/18/2024 at 12:26 AM, Leeanda said:

The eighties were the days of vinyl and Walkmans...  Ahhh.  Memories😊

Nothing beats the sound of a vinyl album playing... The little pops, hisses, crackles. Kinda similar to how live music has its little quirks... To much reverb, an occasional microphone squelch, or a bumped microphone.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1