Will we see the unreleased interior changes / electrical wires on fire during aurora?

On 4/27/2024 at 3:03 PM, thekillergreece said:

The interior changes is what I liked the most but they haven't been implemented.

But they have? The video is from April 2016, I got the game in June 2016. And what interiors looked like in mid 2016 and what they look like now are very different, with many more details, interior layouts changed (in some cases like Carter Hydro Dam- significantly changed), new furnishings and storage added, etc.

Camp Office, 2016:

20160729152352_1.thumb.jpg.f300340e4fc498fec6ada8a97c45640a.jpg

The body may still be there at times, but the look of that interior is very different. As are most other buildings, with the changes at Carter Hydro Dam being very significantly different from 2016 to what they are like now. (I have several thousand screenshots on my PCs from 2016-2024 showing the changes, and would have to spend hours finding old ones and new ones to show the difference- just don't have the time at this exact moment.)

I am not sure how you can claim that interiors have not been updated and changed between when that video was published and what they look like now.

Though you are right about Auroras causing electrical and telephone lines outdoors to burst out in flames has not been added. Which is a bit disappointing, but also I wonder if that was not added because- how do players navigate along telephone or electrical lines (like near the Farmhouse in PV) during a heavy blizzard if the lines had caught fire and burned away? Because you know as well as I do that the "The game is not true-to-life realistic!" folks would be very likely to start posting threads about how those lines should be gone after catching fire.

Edited by ThePancakeLady
typo corrections
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

But they have? The video is from April 2016, I got the game in June 2016. And what interiors looked like in mid 2016 and what they look like now are very different, with many more details, interior layouts changed (in some cases like Carter Hydro Dam- significantly changed), new furnishings and storage added, etc.

It appears you didn't watch the video. I was not referring to Camp Office changes. I was referring to changes displayed in the video. The only change that did made to the game are the exterior changes.

Let's go explain with pictures what changes did not make it. In the pictures you'll see are the 'updated' interiors which none are in. We still retain the 'original' interiors which is the same old ones you know and have seen.

Most changes appear to be coming from Coastal Highway interiors. Maybe they'll come when the Episode 5 comes out.

In this 'updated' picture, you can see a laptop, a diskette, a trash bin and various other decor such as prize award, cutting boards, blender, etc. The interior does not exist as it still retains the same old look.

image.thumb.png.c0023164d9f986a0235748bb3112d829.png

In the first 'updated' picture, we see a PC, noticeboard, desk, office lamp, etc.

In the second 'updated' picture, there are more decor, a radio and cardboard on the ground.

image.thumb.png.f1a2ec0172dfbf37f150099a1eabc3d2.pngimage.thumb.png.c59d7ec7d5171d9e055374988220d8e6.png

More decor, a ceiling fan, etc.

image.thumb.png.30bfc3eb4d692504548970714319adb1.png

More decor, blinders, a teddy bear, a big clock and gun rack.

image.thumb.png.b9d3f3563d151f8fc0c8dfeec426852d.png

From the video, the exterior changes made it to the game. None of the interior changes made it.

59 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

It appears you didn't watch the video. I was not referring to Camp Office changes. I was referring to changes displayed in the video. The only change that did made to the game are the exterior changes.

No, I did watch the video. And building interiors were changed, many of them quite a bit. You are mad that no boomboxes got added, and the computer desks didn't get added to the buildings you thought they should have been added to? Exterior changes also happened, but interiors got big changes too- not only Camp Office and Carter Hydro Dam. But you want to nitpick over a few teaser images that got scrapped while a great deal of other interior changes *did* happen in the game?

So- this thread was posted just to be a contrarian? "A few changes I wanted didn't happen, therefore nothing was changed at all."?

Interior changes in Survival Mode happened with the original release of Wintermute in 2017, more changes were added with the Redux release in 2018, more have been added over the 8 years since the video you posted was published. But because a boombox, a teddy bear on a sofa, a trophy, and a computer desk weren't added- that = "none of it was added", and no interior changes happened? While a great deal of new furnishings that give storage and loot possibilities, as well as other props that add immersion and visual depth and a "lived-in" appearance were added, and things like metal lamps that can be harvested for resources? I am honestly more happy that a new table and dresser were added to a building than a trophy or a teddy bear, new crates and boxes that might have loot in them make me happier than a boombox on a table or a grandfather clock in a corner.