Tin can candle

SirJustice12

Have the ability to  harvest fat off of animals to place in tin cans and create candles.  A strip of cloth for the wick. Fish oil could also be an option. These would be  place-able items to light up buildings and alow players to perform tasks that require light even at night.  

• Upvote 5
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 12:45 AM, SirJustice12 said:

Have the ability to  harvest fat off of animals to place in tin cans and create candles.  A strip of cloth for the wick. Fish oil could also be an option. These would be  place-able items to light up buildings and alow players to perform tasks that require light even at night.  

We have storm lanterns... why do we need a second source of light that works the same?

On 3/23/2024 at 6:45 PM, SirJustice12 said:

. These would be  place-able items to light up buildings and alow players to perform tasks that require light even at night.  

I like the idea, and it provides an additional option.  I think it could balance well as a long lasting source of light, but at a considerably lower brightness output and no heat value.  

These could work well for nighttime crafting or reading for research without requiring breaking down every piece of furniture in the house for fireplace fuel.  

• Upvote 2

On 3/31/2024 at 2:09 AM, Semple Fi said:

I like the idea, and it provides an additional option.  I think it could balance well as a long lasting source of light, but at a considerably lower brightness output and no heat value.  

These could work well for nighttime crafting or reading for research without requiring breaking down every piece of furniture in the house for fireplace fuel.  

We have lanterns already! You don't need a fire!

4 minutes ago, BugReportEnthusiast said:

OPs suggestion also requires lamp oil to burn!

It was an option ,I know.. but the animal fat would be more abundant, especially on stalker and above.. 

I wasn't having a go,just saying that's all😊

• Upvote 2