Some issues about water

exeexe

Like make water freeze when you dump it.

So there are options in ways to do it maybe it can change with difficulty.

Only freezing when you drop it outside

When you drop water inside and theres no heatsource it takes many hours before it freeze, outside not long.

If the container is plastic it gets ruined so the water is lost

Boiled water should be warm and too warm to drink immediately. (give the option to wait for it to cool off for drinking)

• Upvote 1

Nice ideas. I like the extra difficulty from water freezing, spoiling and being undrinkable when recently boiled. I especially would like water spoiling with time as an incentive to avoid the endgame ocean of plastic bottles. However I see a problem in the inventory with a lot of water types, based on whether they're frozen and spoiled at different % and in addition hot. Like now if you have both dirty and clean water in your inventory you get 2 inventory slots for water. With these extra properties of water I think you could easily end up with 10. If that becomes a hassle it will likely streer players to just make one "type" of water. Do you share my view that, though interesting for adding extra difficulty, the inventory aspect could be a problem. If so, do you have any ideas on how to solve that particular problem?

Edited by manolitode

16 hours ago, manolitode said:

Nice ideas.

I think they can do it binary like either its hot or normal or frozen. And the murky water for simplicity doesnt change properties. Its just murky. In my experience its very rare someone will be in a situation where they have to drink murky water anyway.

The thing about freezing water or ice is that it should just disappear unless its mixed with something since melting ice is the same as melting snow which is everywhere.

For condition it could just be: if its drinkable without risks you have it in your inventory, if its not drinkable without risk it will become murky water.

So say today you carry 5 liter of water. The game knows 0,7liter of that is 40% condition, 2,5liter of that water is 28% condition and 1,8 liter is 20% condition. But what you see is 5 liter of water. And if you drink from it you drink from the lowest condition water.

So you see you have 5 liters on you then next day you see you only have 3,2 liters of water on you because the 20% water dropped down to 19%. You dont see that but what you see is 1,8 liter of murky water. Meaning now you can drink it but you take a risk.  If you keep water down to 0% it disappear.

If you boil the murky water it will become hot clean water. if you wait maybe 1 hour it will become clean water.

Frozen water makes sense. A couple things though.

Apparently some of the magic houses are above freezing so in those houses water should not freeze.

I have frozen many plastic bottles and as of yet not had one break. Glass totally will though.

As to boiled water being too hot, yeah that makes sense....but the time it would take to cool to a decent temperature would be so short it may not be worth doing with how hinterland seems to work.

It would be cool if hinterland implemented a temperature system which applies across everything. Eating frozen food would take forever and make you colder and such.

• Upvote 1

Actually you are right if something is too hot just add a little snow to cool it off.

Yeah i think the reason why houses are above freezing is because they take into account that you have warmed the house with your bodyheat and with isolation it will get warmer.

Oh i thought plastic bottles would be destroyed since water expands 10 fold as it turns from liquid to solid.