Lost my first arrow in a deer , will it despawn?

Adamo

Ah well it was bound to happen ! I crafted my first bow and arrow (well , I found the arrow head) and a deer runs off with my arrow embedded somewhere. I lost track of the blood as my ankles started spraining up where it ran .

I’m hoping I will stumble across the carcass and arrow in the future or will an unharvested body de-spawn? Possibly taking my arrow with it?

thanks 

Edited by Adamo
Spelling

Ok thanks , so some listening for crows then :) day one of that didn’t turn anything up , I think I’m right that a hit with an arrow will always eventually lead to bleed out with deer so I’ll widen my search tomorrow 

4 minutes ago, Adamo said:

Ok thanks , so some listening for crows then :) day one of that didn’t turn anything up , I think I’m right that a hit with an arrow will always eventually lead to bleed out with deer so I’ll widen my search tomorrow 

They can run for miles , usually up the highest slope they can find😁.      I find ,at least with wolves and bears that they'll run in a large circle,if they live long enough..    good luck finding it...

• Upvote 1